Thursday, June 10, 2010

Weddings Part 2

A couple weeks after the fabulous Cali wedding, we headed down to AZ to see my beautiful niece Lauren get married. I grew up babysitting Lauren. I remember well the day that I babysat her older brother Nick as my sister Lisa went to the hospital to give birth to her. I love that girl and admire her so much. Seriously, I want to figure out how to teach my girls to be just like her. She has a confidence and easy going personality that is admirable. So, I am not going to lie - when I found out she was engaged just a month after she turned 19 I was shocked and upset. How could she get married so young?

But then I met Ben. My girls instantly fell in love with him and seeing Lauren and him together I couldn't help but be so happy for them. So, here is a little picture recap of that blessed event.

I drove down with my girls since Brian was working (poor guy). That night was a wedding dinner. We used to think our family was big until we met Ben and his huge family. It was such a fun night with a program and yummy food. Ben's family has a lot of musical talent but the highlights for me were Lauren's brother lip syncing to My Girl. Then Ben was going to sing a song to Lauren, but when he got a little too emotional Lauren had to run up to rescue him. Man, I wish I got a picture of that. They seriously are the cutest and I am pretty sure all 100+ people in attendance were crying.
The next day was the big event. Since the wedding wasn't until 3 we got a little swimming in.
Then off to the temple. Big thanks again to the nieces and nephews for watching my kiddos so we could enjoy the sealing.
Another great bonus about going to the wedding was getting to see one of my favorite friends, Jenna. We are sort of related (my sister is her aunt) and I love that we will always have family to bring us together.
And then we got a fabulous surprise, Brian flew down in time for the reception. I was so happy that he could come and play with us the rest of the weekend. The reception was beautiful, food delicious and it was a blast. They loved playing with the cousins. Sage was caught standing on tables drinking other peoples drinks and stealing cake from the cake table. Emery loved the candy table and dancing. We partied until the kids had meltdowns from exhaustion.
Then Saturday was full of more swimming, family and lots of left over cake. We took over Val Vista lakes and the kids (and moms) were in heaven.
It was such a fun trip and I was so glad to be there for Lauren and Ben's big day. We are so excited to have Ben in our family.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

It has been waaayyy too long since I've been to AZ. Looks like fun.
P.S. I love the sling. :)

Lizzy said...

I love a good wedding. Doesn't 19 seem crazy young nowadays? I feel like when I was 19 it wasn't young, but it is so young now. But I guess when it's right, it's right. I'm so cheesy! It looks like a fun reception!

Christi said...

That is cool that Brian was able to come down! Looks like a good time!

bulkleybunch said...

sounds like such a happy trip. i love snaggle in her goggles! soooo cute! love you!