Friday, December 03, 2010

Girls Weekend

It's been busy. The "Enter" button is broken on our crappy laptop (now we have to deal with the never ending paragraph). And I have already reached the stage when people are surprised I am not further along in my pregnancy (because I get that big that soon). I am a slacker and I can't seem to catch up. But I will try, I'll get around to our wonderful AZ Thanksgiving (hopefully). But first I have to recap the super fun girls weekend I had right before Thanksgiving. We call ourselves the law wives since our husbands all went to law school together in OR. I am lucky enough that 5 of the 7 girls that attended this fun jaunt up to St. George live in Vegas with me.(Here we are thinking we are funny posing, just had to prove that I wasn't kidding with my earlier comment on how I am getting large) Seriously, these are some of the best friends a girls could ask for and have become the family that I need since we haven't lived near family for the last 6 years (YAY, that now we recruited one family to move by us!) It was such a blast to see Liz and Chelsea with her most perfect baby girl, to eat, shop, get pedicures, talk and talk, and give me a chance to miss the kiddos and appreciate my hubbie (sometimes a little distance is needed to remember how much you love the little monsters). Oh and we did one more super fun thing while we were there. Emily's super awesome cousin who lives in the George also happens to do ultrasounds. And she was kind enough to come in on her day off so we could see the little bugger and verify the sex. See, I had an ultrasound at 13 weeks and kindly asked the tech to guess the sex (I am pretty impatient and do not for the life of me understand you crazy people that don't find out) she guessed, but said it was pretty early to really tell. Well, that weekend I was 15 weeks and the chances of being right were a little greater. Can you tell by my face what she said the baby is? It's looking like we are going to have a BOY!!! Not sure what I will do with one of those but we sure are excited. Well, that was my fun girls weekend before the big Thanksgiving week.

11 comments:

Caryn said...

Oh a BOY! They're fun in a hard, dirty, messy way! JK you'll do great.

Emily said...

I'm so glad you're excited about a BOY! You're taking it way better than I took to the girl thing.

I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Aliso, I loved getting caught up on your posts. I must say I started laughing out loud seeing you as Abulea and Brian as the grumpy old troll. LOVE it! You rock.

A BOY! YAY!!!!!!! So happy for you. What a fun way to find out with your friends and a tech that you know. :) So happy for you guys!

Christi said...

I am so exited that you are having a boy. It's going to be fun!
I wish that I would have been feeling better over the weekend. But glad we at least got to go!

Laurel said...

HOORAY!!! Maybe I can follow Alison-suit and have a boy after my two girls. :) What a perfect girls' trip, too.

Lyns said...

Yay! Boys are SOOOO much fun! So excited for you guys!

The Scotts said...

I love my boy!!!! Congrats and how fun for a girls weekend!!! I really want to do one with us girls even though you just did it! I'm so sad I missed it and that you came to AZ and I missed you. You are such a fun popular girl! Can I book a date with you in 1 or 2 years? When are you available!!

Alicia said...

YAYYYYY!!!!!!
You will love a little boy. I can't wait for you!

melbo said...

Congratulations!! The #1 reason I check your blog is to find out if you're pregnant again, bc marc doesn't tell me anything! Hooray! (Sorry I never comment. I still think you and your family are ueber-adorable.) I hope you really do have a boy! I got something a while ago with you guys on mind and decided to hang on to it in the off chance you ever have a boy. Maybe I'll wait until the 20 weeker to send it, just to be sure.:) And please tell BA I hope this doesn't mean he's losing his looks. Congrats again!

Kris said...

Congrats! When are you due? We're pregnant and due May 13.

bulkleybunch said...

you're a total fat ass, i don't know why you'd even post a pic of yourself. duh! you get a little belly, boo hoo! remember when i was a line backer at 10 weeks along? :) love you!!!! hurray for a boy, beaver cleaver jr!!!!!