Sunday, May 29, 2011

April Recap - Easter

Easter was fun this year since we now have family that live nearby to help us celebrate. Easter was all about the eggs this year. We were joined by cousins Nash and Haven in our egg dyeing, egg rolling, egg hunting, and egg eating.

Saturday we dyed eggs. Soon after we started and egg dye got all over clothes and carpet we decided to take the party outside and ditch the clothes.
Then we found the biggest hill we could find in Las Vegas to roll the eggs down. This has been a tradition in Brian's family for years since they spent Easter in Logan and everyone rolls eggs down college hill. I have been part of the family for 9 years now and somehow missed on this adventure every year. I was happy that Steve and Liz brought the tradition down to Vegas with them.
On Easter Sunday, after our church meetings, we had a fabulous dinner with the other Vegas Andersons. After dinner the kids had their own egg hunt in the backyard.
I know Easter is a lot more than just eggs - and I am doing my best to teach that to my children. I love Easter for so many reasons, that it is in the spring where new life is growing, the fun activities, the delicious food - but most importantly for the celebration of our Savior and his miraculous Resurrection. I want my kids to know that as fun as this holiday can be - it is most important to remember Christ and the gift he gave us.

4 comments:

Christi said...

I love all the pictures!!! I like the idea of rolling the eggs down a hill.

Emily said...

Cute kiddos! I hate that there are no hills here.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

I love those girlies. Love that they are topless. Looks like a fun Easter.

Chante said...

Cute girlies....I had the box to dye the eggs and then never did it...then we said we would do it for FHE after easter and we never did it, so no egg dying for us this year!!! Our poor kids kept asking and we didn't want to deal with the mess! Love the egg hill rolling!!