Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Crying in the middle of the night

No, not me and not my baby - but some putrid animal outside my window has awoken me in the wee hours of the morning for the past two nights. Well, I actually only wake up after my dog runs to the glass door and either barks or sniffs my face. This is not a pleasant thing to happen at 4:14 in the morning. Is it the nutria or the neighbors fat cat (when I say fat, I mean Garfield looks like a runt next to this monster)? Then my dog thinks he is protecting me from the horrible beast by camping out next to the window on one of my decorative pillows rather than his own mangy bed. So, I wake up even more to try to shoo him off.

I hate whatever the nasty animal is and I want it to die. Good night!

5 comments:

Lizzy said...

Oh, that would be fun it was a nutria. Those are some nasty little guys. And we've learned from the walks that Rusty does not like the nutrias so he could very well be protecting you from them. He tried to take out the one yesterday. He deserves to sleep on the decorative pillows for his bravery.

Sammy Pow said...

Good boy Rusty, that's the reason you were purchased, to serve and protect.

Alifinale said...

Serve and Protect? More like wine and annoy. Come back and take care of your dog, BA!

Marc said...

Where's your husband when you need him?!!!

syd said...

that's the problem with dog owners, the dog somehow eventually stops being their responsibility...