
I just found out what a nerd I actually am. I had always suspected it, but then I thought, “Nah, I have a pretty cool husband and I was prom queen in high school, I can’t be that nerdy” – well, my friends, it’s true. I am officially a geek.
I came to this realization yesterday at work. My co-worker (we will came him Timmy) unknowingly helped me to this realization. See, he is a nerd. He is the IT guy (need I say more) and he was in band in high school (not that there's anything wrong with that). I don’t know how to explain it, but he thinks his own jokes are so funny and that everyone around him is a moron. You can just tell he wasn’t the most popular kid on the block. Well, he was muttering to himself about something or other (but not really muttering, because he says things loud enough for you to comment on them) and he quips a short line from the song, “I like Traffic Lights.” I instinctively answer the line of the song by saying, “but only when their green”. Timmy is a bit taken back and asks me what I just said. I told him that I was finishing a line from the song. He was shocked that I knew this song and proceded to tell me he has never met anyone who knew that song (and he often quotes it so he would know). Yes, I am afraid I did know it and I sang it for him to prove it. “I like traffic lights, I like traffic lights, I like traffic lights, although my names not Bamber” etc…. That is when I realized, I know this nerdy song because I am a geek! My best friend and I used to listen to the crappy Monty Python CD in Jr. High!
Then I began to think. I am a geek, and I don’t even care. I think all of us are nerdy in our own way and what seems nerdy to us may be totally popular to others and vice versa. Or at least that is what I keep telling myself.
6 comments:
Well at least your still a hot geek and not a not-hot geek. Not-hot geeks are TITS.
Very good point, Spewer. McDreamy you are right, we are all nerds in our own way. Like for me I like to snort and pull my pants up really high. I know that may seem cool to you guys, but I think I am a little nerdy when I do that.
Anyway good blog!
McD, you have always been a geek, you just went to a super geeky school, so you were a queen geek. Me, I've always been a badass, I mean it's my f-ing name for crying out loud. Man, you got lucky when you snagged me.
Well, just like G.I. Joe used to say... at least now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
Monty Python is not geeky...it's intelligent :D
(I must say this because I love it!)
i think my jokes are more funny than anyone elses and that everyone around me is a moron, but i fail to see how that makes me a nerd.
Post a Comment