Monday, July 24, 2006
Breastfeeding
So, I learned this weekend that my cousin breast fed her son until he was 2 years old! I know this happens in South America (like until they are five and whatnot) and it is pretty common here in Eugene among the Hippies – but I never really knew anyone that went that long feeding their kid. And when she told me that, another cousin said, “Good for you” (mind you she has a 15-month-old that she still breast feeds). I was amazed. So, I asked her how often she would feed him. She said, “Whenever he wanted to,” which meant that he knew to ask for it!!! Yikes! I draw the line there. I don’t want my kid to lift up my shirt or say “Mommy I’m hungry!”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Man that is gnarley. My hubs spent two years in Mexico doing service and once he was talking to a lady when her 5 or 6 year old son AND a few of the neighbor kids came in for a drink. You can guess from where. SICK!
Neighbor kids? Are you kidding me?
I know it is just wrong. I was really surprized because both of these cousins seem so cute and normal.
I knew a lady who did this to keep her boobs bigger longer. Her kid was around 3 or 4. Wouldn't it be easier to just get a boob job?
Eeek!!! I think this post should have had an advisory warning on it.
Hello, it was titled "Breastfeeding" What were you expecting?
Post a Comment