I am giving you a run for your money. The other day I went for a walk with my walking friend and friend. I drove over to their place with my dog and baby. It is often a production to get out the door with an extremely excited dog, a baby that doesn't want to be in her carseat, a monster-sized diaper bag, a poop bag for the dog, the keys and of course, the dogs leash. Well, this particular day I forgot the last item on the list which happens to be a very crucial part of taking your dog for a walk. At least it is a crucial part for my dog (he is not one of those dream dogs that just walks nonchalantly next to his owner not paying attention to any passer-by)
So, I get to the house and realize my mistake. But I don't want to turn around and go home. I ask my friend if she has any rope that I could use as a leash. She looks around her apartment, and seeing as she lives in an apartment and has no need of rope, she comes up without any. Then she pulls out these two bungee cords to see if they would work. Yeah, that was a good try but I don't think a bungee cord is going to hold my 70 lb. dog. Then we ask the other walking friend if she has any. I think that she might since she is a camping guru, but alas nothing.
So, I say. Well, I guess we could leave Rusty (with a distraught look on my face. I know how excited the poor creature was after just sitting in the backyard all day). The true friends that I have said, "No, we can't leave Rusty." So, I look in the trunk of my car for anything that could be used as a leash. And then I spot the first aid kit. I open it up and there lies an ace bandage wrap. The light bulb above my head turns on and I tie the bandage to my dogs collar and we are on our way.
11 comments:
Holy crap! How did you think of that?! That's like the time that Macgyver built a bomb out of a toothpick, a safety pin, and some hair gel...well not exactly like it, but close.
You are lucky you live far far away or I would bomb you with my stick of gum, bobby pin and some hairspray.
That was a good time. I still think those bungee cords and some hair elastics could have done the trick. Or my invisible Olive Garden coupon.
That was pretty dang genius. Next time you write about me though I would appreciate you naming names. I'm looking for some kind of fame here. Kidding!
Actually I'm not.
Oh. I am so sorry. I thought you would want me to keep your anonymity. I won't make that misrake again. What is your middle name? For future reference of course.
Its my blog and I was typing one handed, no making fun of the misspelling.
BA - I'm still not sure how you landed this wonderwoman... but I wouldn't leave her up there alone in Oregon too long or she just might wise up.
Serioulsy! Get back here!
3 1/2 weeks from now you'll be thinking, well it wasn't sooo bad when he was gone.
dude, that could have been the perfect opportunity to put ol' Rusty to sleep. "No leash for a walk, let's just put him down. He is on a walk in a better place now and i don't have to pretend to pick his shit up everytime he poos in the presence of someone."
Post a Comment