Sunday, September 03, 2006

The planner in me...

I sometimes drive my husband crazy, but when I get excited about something, I start making plans. I like to plan ahead of time as many details as possible or at least talk about the details until he wants to shoot me. He, on the other hand, could care less and simply responds, I don't care. You can only imagine how I must have been as a pregnant woman. I made my hubbie go on walks with me and would talk about nothing but names, what we needed for the baby room, where to register, what to pack to the hospital, etc. etc.

Anywho, as you all know, this biggest thing that I have to look forward to right now, is Fall Primetime TV coming back!!! There has been some discussion amongst friends (mainly Liz and Tara) as to when shows are going to be on and whatnot. I have created the following tenative schedule to answer some of their (& yours, if you like) queries about when shows will be coming on and to prevent missing any much awaited season premiers. Note: This is all Pacific Standard Time. Check your local listings as times may change.

Sunday
8:00 - Free hour. You can choose your favorite amongst, Simpsons on Fox, EMHE on ABC, Amazing Race on CBS, or to keep the husbands happy - football on NBC. Click on links to view fall previews
9:00 - Desparate Housewives on ABC
10:00 - Brothers and Sisters on ABC

Monday
8:00-9:00 - Two hours dedicated to pretty good sitcoms on CBS. You got your new one, The Class. Then How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, and New Adventures of Old Christine.
10:00 - Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip on NBC

Tuesday
8:00 - This is going to be my night out, since I don't have the WB I will have to mooch on others to get my Gilmore Girls fix. Premiers on September 19.

Wednesday
8:00 - 30 Rock on NBC
8:30 - Break since there is nothing else good on.
9:00 - Lost on ABC
10:00 - Toss up between the Nine on ABC or Kidnapped on NBC or early bedtime because they both suck.

Thursday

The big night we have all been waiting for starts September 21st!
8:00 - My Name is Earl on NBC
8:30 - The Office on NBC
9:00 - Grey's Anatomy on ABC (don't worry girls Scrubs isn't on yet, this is up against Deal or No Deal, phew!)
10:00 - 6 Degrees on ABC

So, that is it folks. I hope I have a little more of a life on Friday night, if not I can always lean on Josh Duhmel in Las Vegas on NBC (sigh, he's such a heart throb!). Please keep in mind, I do not have cable and have been forced to get into a lot of lame network television crap. Not to complain, I mean those bunny ears have brought much joy, but they have significantly altered my expectations in what is considered good television. Hope this helps!

9 comments:

Marc said...

You made a mistake on your Monday night... left off what is currently my favorite show on Network TV, Prison Break.

Lizzy said...

Gilmore Girls premieres on the 19th? Isn't that our first bunko night? Crap! I hope Tara gets TIVO.

I'm excited for Thursdays! I'm glad GA is not competing against the Office and Earl. I'd have to say goodbye to McDreamy and that would be a sad.

Tara said...

That would be a sad, Liz. Well girls I am still working on the hubs for TIVO. We'll see. For now I can always try to record it the old fashioned way. Either way we will not miss our Gilmore Girls!

Thanks for the update Ali, you're like a walking TV guide. Love it!

Alifinale said...

You are welcome girls. And thanks for the reminder that we need to get Bunko going.

Marc, I made no mistake. I don't like Prison Break and I never will. It looks pretty lame to me, even if the guy is hot. Plus, I can't afford to get into another show. My time is spent.

Anonymous said...

Did I tell you that I have now watched Seasons 1 and 2 of the Office and am now hooked? And over the summer I watched Seasons 1 and 2 of Lost so now I have to follow that too.
So here are the shows I follow:

Grey's
Lost
The Office

And when we get cable; Project Runway and The Colbert Show. But our dish has been out so I've been missing out on my shows.

Did you know Rachel Rae of Food Network fame is going to have her own daytime talk show?

Jill said...

It's a talk show? I was watching an interview with Martha Stewart and they asked her if she felt threatened by Rachel Rae because of her new show coming out. I assumed it was just like the Martha show. Cooking, crafts, life lessons etc.

Alifinale said...

I think it is a talk show like Martha's. Where they talk and cook at the same time. Very tricky. But I can't see it being too much of a competition because Martha does more than Rachel (i.e. all her crafts and projects). I think Rachel is fine, but her enthusiasm gets pretty annoying, fast.

Jill said...

Rachel sucks, everytime her show is on it just reminds me how annoying she is. She has to be the cheesiest one on the food network.

Marc said...

I can sympathize with your second rationale ("I can't afford to get into another show. My time is spent"), but your first rationale ("I don't like Prison Break and I never will") simply makes clear that you've never given prison break a chance. I highly doubt you've seen a full episode and am virtually certain you haven't seen two.