Monday, November 06, 2006

Thank goodness for rich sisters...

So, my entire family is going to be in AZ together for Thanksgiving. I was kind of sad when I heard this because I know we wouldn't be able to afford to fly down to Arizona at that time and I hate missing out on fun times with the fam (mind you, it is almost always more fun in my head than it actually is in real life - but still, I hate being left out). Plus, AZ is beautiful this time of year, and quite frankly the rain in OR is not so beautiful. Well, one day last week I was talking to one of my rich sisters (I have several of them) and she said, we want to see you for Thanksgiving, if we bought your ticket could you come. She said search the internet for a good deal and we will buy the ticket. I did search, but it didn't find a good enough deal to feel comfortable asking her to pay for. So, I dropped it and thought, that was nice but oh well. Then on Sat. another rich sister called (this one happens to travel a lot and is a pro at looking for flights) and she said she found a good deal for us and will buy the ticket now if we can come. Well, of course I said YES! So, now I get to have Thanksgiving with my family - a first in 5 or 6 years. So, added to my list of what to be thankful for this year - is rich and giving sisters.

Oh, and I just wanted to post some cute pics as well. Happy Day!!

8 comments:

Tara said...

Dammit McDreamy! We had plans!

Just kidding - I am very happy that you will get to go see your family. I am jealous! We'll miss you here.

Liz, if you are listening, you better not drop out too!

Lizzy said...

Tara, you can count me in. I'm too big and fat to move let alone fly anywhere. Kidding. Sort of. Ok, not really.

Alison, I hope you have fun in AZ. I hope you miss us cause we'll be missing you! And your tasty homecooking...

Sammy Pow said...

It's about time your rich family pitched in to support me. Okay, they've pitched in before...

King Family said...

That's great. It is always weird to not be with your immediate family on Thanksgiving (that does not include in-laws, not like in-laws are bad but it is still not the same). Cute pictures! I am surprised BA is wearing a sweater with a collared shirt....is that in his dress code?

Sammy Pow said...

I'm totally preppy now.

Kris said...

Have fun! I wish I had rich sisters. Ryan's parent's used to pay for us to fly to Utah for Christmas, but now that Ryan makes slightly more than he used to, they no longer do that. Sucky.
By the way, Emery's Halloween costume is adorable.

Alifinale said...

Tara and Liz - I actually was looking forward to our Thanksgiving plans, sorry to bail on you. We will have to recreate the mood and make a yummy holiday meal before we set off for Christmas.

BA - Rich sisters are different than rich parents, it feels more intrusive to have them pay for stuff than to have a parent pay for it. But we are poor and will take what we can get.

Blondie - I know, especially after last year's Thanksgiving...I am so excited to be with my fam. Even if we are going to be staying at my crazy sister's house (and when I say crazy, I mean it. She is totally looney). Oh and Brian like to dress preppy when he is out and about. But the minute he steps foot in our house - he is in his PJ's.

MS - Don't you hate when a $0.50 raise takes you out of the poverty level. Darn economy and parents. Thanks I thought Emers was a cute little cat, too.

Whew! I totally just pulled a Marc there didn't I?

TFL said...

I don’t know who looks more darling: Emery or Brian.