Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Golden Globes

So, the Golden Globes was on last night, and although I didn't watch most of it (Hello, season premiere of 24) I did have to flip back to it every so often. Is there something wrong with me that I enjoy looking at the stars all dressed up - wearing dresses and jewelry worth more than my house, hair and makeup done by the best stylists in the country, and most in their slimmest form due to crash diets, surgery and botox - and I find happiness in picking them apart and ripping on them? I mean, here I sit in my PJ's, eating ice cream - and I say how Beyonce looks like a cheap slut (seriously, who does her wardrobe) or that Ellen Pompeo looks like an alien. Who am I to say that Vanessa Williams hair looks like it could eat me? Or get a bra Tina Fey?

Anyway, I may be sick and twisted but it brought me happiness, even for a moment. I also, like to say how good people look and here is my fav, isn't she the cutest?


Note: I fixed the links, sorry about that!

5 comments:

Sammy Pow said...

I liked Borat's acceptance speech.

King Family said...

"Take that Ryan Philipoop!" That's what I thought when I saw how cute Reese looked. I love the globes. It is a much more "casual affair" than other awards shows. I was mad about "Ugly Betty" though. Are you serious? That show is stupid compared to the others it was up against. I also enjoy looking at Brad and Angelina. He always looks fantastic and she always looks beautiful until you see her tramp stamp. It was a good night.

Alifinale said...

Yes, I hate Ryan Phillip and always that she was too good for him. Then he proved me right. I am usually sad when a family breaks up - but she deserves better and so poop on him!

Yeah, what is up with the love for Ugly Betty? I mean, maybe it has a hidden good message- but that's not what these awards are about. But I did think America's acceptance speech was cute. And Brad and Angelina are beautiful people, but I still kind of hate them.

BA, you are right Borat's speech was by far the best. Even though I felt dirty for laughing at his vulgarity.

Mandee said...

Reese was my favorite too- she is so-ooooo cute, and Ryan is so dumb. And as good looking as they are, I will never be a fan of Brangelina. Abercrombie and Fitch had a t-shirt in their store once that said "I hate Brad and Angelina"- I wish I had bought it! Hate Ugly Betty (the show), sad about Ellen Pompeo's hair... it's a good thing she didn't win. Try again next year. Missed Borat's speech, dang it. I love award shows too for all the same reasons you do.

Marc said...

Wouldn't that be great if you wrote for that US Magazine column where you mock what famous people wore to glittering events? Then if BA got a job at the Onion... you guys would like be the perfect COUPLE!