Anyway, back to my new hobby. So, I have all these pictures and nothing to do with them. I have friend who has a website for her family that shows off all these amazing Digital Scrapbook pages that she made. When I saw it, I thought “hey maybe I could do that and not have to buy all the scrapbooking crap and cut out pictures and junk”. So, during the summer, I started surfing the net to learn what I could about digital scrapbooking. Now, I am not one of those people that enjoys learning by reading. I mean, I like to read but when it comes to gaining a new skill, particularly a creative undertaking such as learning photoshop, I would much rather learn by someone showing me. Unfortunately, I didn’t know anyone to show me – so I just plugged away at tutorials online. I mostly gave up, because I didn’t have the time or energy to figure it out on my own. Then several months later, I decided for Christmas I would make my mother-in-law a calendar. So, I plugged away learning to use Photoshop and learning to be creative.
I discovered that I am addicted. I made our Christmas card on photoshop, and then volunteered myself to do two of my sister’s Christmas card. Now any spare moment I get (which is on Sunday during naptime) I want to play on the computer to create a new page. Now, I am far from being very good at this, but I am having fun. And maybe someday I will print these pages and have an actual scrapbook. So, here are a few pages and I am sure I will post more as I create them.
July Page for the Calendar.September Page for the Calendar
6 comments:
I am very impressed with the progress you've made in your photoshop skills. I am also impressed with the decreased Sunday afternoon nagging for watching sports. It's a win win, except when you forget to change your daughter's diaper and it ends up leaking all over the freaking place and I have to clean it up.
Who is to say that I was the one who forgot and not YOU who forgot? Poor Emers and her sore bum.
Those pages look good! Maybe someday I'll pay you to make a scrapbook for me. I love pictures, but I can't handle scrapbooking. Although, I made my Christmas card on shutterfly.com and it turned out pretty well. And they have templates for scrapbook pages, so maybe I'll try that sometime. The part that is tiring for me is looking at all the stickers and dye cuts and special sissors and trying to decide what to use. I'd rather pay someone.
But, I'd like people to pay me to be there personal clothes shopper. I think I could be good at that.
Maybe MacArthur should show this program to Jme.
I agree with you MS, real scrapbooking is a headache with all the frills. And this can be too. I just try not to get too carried away with it.
Marc, I am sure Jme would find a way to spend lots of time and money on this as well. It isn't hard to do so.
I am impressed too, your pages look good. Take it from me that I know what you mean about getting frustrated learning photoshop on your own and from reading tutorials. On the other hand I also know how adicting it gets.
Post a Comment