Sunday, February 11, 2007

For those that miss my TV recaps

I kind of feel stupid that I don't feel that I have many interesting things to write, except about TV. So, I have been avoiding writing a blog about TV - but then I realized...nobody really looks at my blog anyway, so I can talk about whatever I want. So, here are some thoughts about some of my shows this last week.

Monday - This is a troublesome because I am a fan of both Heroes and 24. Fortunately, we have a handy VCR in the other room (it's the poor version of Tivo). So, we decide to record Heroes and watch 24. Jack is such a hero and I am so glad that he is around to save us all. Although I still haven't seen the man eat or take a leak - maybe that is his super power.

After Heroes I like to watch Studio 60. I loved this show when it first started, but like many shows it is losing my interest. But, don't fret I'll still watch it, 'cuz what else am I going to do from 10-11? Sleep? As if.

Tuesday - Well, I usually have something going on every Tuesday night (my hubbie likes to say I am having an affair, he just wants to cry because he has to put the baby to bed). Anyway, I miss my favorite Gilmore Girls and usually have to catch it by downloading it or borrowing someone's video. Anyway, I finally watched Tuesday's episode and I have to say... I hate Christopher. He is such a loser. I am kind of mad at the writers for making Lorilei marry Christopher, and for making Luke be an idiot last year. It better get better soon!

Wednesday - Most important thing that happened this Wednesday was LOST is back. Typical of season opener, there was a lot of confusion, a lot of new questions being presented, and few lingering questions (if any) answered. But I am a fan until the end. I can't wait to see what happens! Do you think Juliette is good? And why does she believe helping Ben now will get her off the island, when until then she has been stuck there?

Thursday - Comedy Night Done Right is right. I love Thursdays. (and no I haven't dropped Grey's, they have moved to my poor man Tivo, and I watch it on Friday). I will say that I am mad at Pam for leaving with stupid Roy. What is up with them trying to make him good now? Other than that, I found the Office pretty painful to watch. Michael is just too much for me most of the time. On Grey's I will say that - the little girl kind of creeped me out. And is it so wrong that I want Meridith to drown? But of course she won't because the stupid show is named after her.

That is my recap for now. I know I really put myself out there... showing how much pathetic TV I watch (and that didn't even count the Scrubs and Friends reruns, the Ellen show and the Today show). I will say this much. Weekend TV sucks when you only have 4 basic channels. I mean my Sunday's have really gone to pot.

8 comments:

Mandee said...

I love to hear your critique of weekly TV. First of all, why do you want Meredith to die? Yes, she is sappy and depressing, but you shouldn't want her to die! Mean, Alison, mean!

Second, I think Juliette is bad. She told the other "others" to kill Sawyer and Kate, but only saved them to get herself off the island, which ISN'T going to happen. Hello?? But I think she has a crush on Jack, so she might be "good" to him.

Third, Michael is painful to watch, but so great. Dwight is my favorite. I couldn't stand him at the beginning, but he is just so Dwight. And Pam is just dumb. Like how many chances has she had to be with Jim, and she doesn't do anything about it. I think Jim's girlfriend is cuter anyway.

My affair is with our local Target store. Yours?

King Family said...

I am sick of the games The Office keeps playing...something needs to happen soon with Pam and Jim.....I agree about Michael, sometimes it is just too much. How about my favorite line of the week from 30 Rock?!? "Happy Valentimes!"

Sammy Pow said...

Man, I've been missing your updates. It's like I get to live my life twice. It's really good to get a reminder of how awesome my life is.

destiny said...

I enjoyed your recaps of the week. I was a little disappointed in the little mention of Heroes though. I LOVE that show!
Off topic a little-
Whatever happened to the Vegas decision? I for one am very curious how and what your conclusion was!

Alifinale said...

Mandee - You are right, I was a little harsh to Meridith. She just started driving me so crazy, with her being such a selfish home recker and then the stupid McVet/McDreamy thing was too much. But I did feel for her when her mom came back and was such a witch. So, maybe I take it back and I don't want her to die.

Also, an affair with Target is good times, but usually my Tues. night affair is with Bunko or Enrichment or something.

Blondie - Thanks for reminding me, that was my favorite line. Rachel Dratch is so good at being so gross. I think I would be depressed if I was always asked to be the ugly chick or the man in most skits - but she rules at it.

BA - we do have an awesome life. What would you do without our Bunny ears for TV and your beloved IM?

Destiny - You are right, Heroes is a great show. I will say this...I knew the Petrelli was the dad, I just knew it! He is a man-slut.

Oh, and I am surprized your hubbie didn't tell you - Bri accepted the job in Vegas so we will be moving there at the best time possible...July. We are super excited though.

Kris said...

The first thing you should buy when you guys start making actual money is a Tivo. It's worth every penny.

I usually don't watch TV on Mon, or Tues, but last night I watched Studio 60. That show has gone way downhill. I hate Chandler as a drugie. I haven't watched Heroes yet, but I'm considering renting the dvds when they come out and getting into next season.

I have lately spent all my spare hours watching Alias dvds. I love that show! Have you ever watched it?

Alifinale said...

Oh yes, yes I have watched Alias. It used to be an all time fav. How far into it are you? It started getting a little too bizarre for me with all the freaky Rimbaldi crap. And Jennifer Garner started getting on my nerves way too much. So, I didn't watch the last season at all. But I think I should start to watch the seasons again.

About Studio 60...I, too, think it is going way downhill. Last night was sucks. I am very sad about that. O-well, I still have like 10 other shows.

Kris said...

I just finished Season 3. So far Season 2 was my favorite.

By the way, I think I am now an enemy to lesbians everywhere. Sad.