Tuesday, February 20, 2007

New Calling

So, I guess our ward figured that since we have less than 6 months left with them... they would stick us in the Nursery! There are good and bad (Brian) feelings about this new call to serve. I am kind of excited to not have to be the Enrichment Leader anymore. Also, with afternoon church and a 1-yr-old child, it isn't like we are really getting much out of Sunday school or RS. Emery will love to play with the toys, watch the "big" kids and eat snacks. Brian is depressed because now he can't ditch the second hour and watch golf. But, I think it will be a good experience, and at least we know we have a time limit. So, buck up Hubbie, we've got some fun Sunday's ahead of us!NOTE: The above picture is from a google search, it is not my husband or anyone I know.

14 comments:

Sammy Pow said...

DISCLAIMER: That is NOT a picture of me.

I like other people's kids roughly in proportion to how much I like them personally. If I don't know people I automatically hate their kids. That's how I roll.

Sammy Pow said...

NOTE #2: The first NOTE written by Ali was written after I wrote my last comment.

Marc said...

Well.. that's what they do with liberals at Church.

Alifinale said...

Marc, we live in Eugene. Do you think Brian is really the most liberal person that goes to church?

But you're right, that is a good punishment.

Tara said...

I think that is a genius calling. You don't have to go to RS or Sunday School. Although dealing with other people's snot nosed kids can be tough.

It's a catch 22 I guess!

Anonymous said...

Isn't this the best time for nursery though? Like you said it will be easier with Emery to be in there vs the halls and the best part is you have an end in sight!! How perfect!! I am jealous.

Mandee said...

I volunteered us to be the nursery leaders in our ward. I figure I would rather do my time in nursery while we have a kid in nursery, and since we have a baby too, we were walking the halls anyway. And we have afternoon church, and snack time coordinates perfectly. Plus, my theory is you get more blessings when you serve in nursery, and I need all the blessings I can get! Have fun!

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

I can't wait for an excuse to get out of Sunday School! I think the nursery will be great...snacks!

Lizzy said...

John and I taught nursery for almost a year and it was awful. Oh man, I hated it. I almost didn't want to have kids because of it. I almost want to give up Ben just thinking back on it... Almost.

Jill said...

BA, at least you dont have to teach the laurels.

aryn said...

Alison- I didn't even know you had a baby, she's adorable! Post more pictures. That's exciting about Las Vegas. Do you still get that you look like Izzy from Greys- cuz you do. I have so many fun memories with you- whenever I see your name on my blog- they all come rushing back to me.

King Family said...

The hardest thing about a nursery calling is fast sunday. It takes so much willpower for me to not join in on snack time. Good Luck.

Alifinale said...

ooh, yuck. Fast Sunday is next week, I hadn't thought about that one. I miss being pregnant and nursing for fast sunday's alone...

Alifinale said...

Aryn, I haven't had anyone say I look like Izzy, but thanks! I love her. And I love the memories, we had some good times...