Monday, April 06, 2009

Carseat

Since it feels like we are never going to move*, I decided to do another sewing project. I have been wanting to recover Emery's ugly carseat for a long time and conference weekend seemed like the perfect time to do it. I love keeping my hands busy while I watch conference, it seems to help me listen better.


Before
Her seat was ugly plaid and despite washing has become dingy and dirty looking.

After
Feels like new! I wasn't ambitious enough to do the whole thing so I kept the brown.

*After having our closing date has been delayed over and over again I decided to stop making plans. Last we heard we may close on Wednesday but I'm not holding my breath. But I really hope we can be in our new house by Easter. Cross your fingers!

20 comments:

lisset said...

that looks great. look at you getting all crafty!

Emily said...

It turned out great! Love the fabric you chose...even if it isn't pink.

Christi said...

It turned out sooooo good!!! I love the fabric too.
I am jealous of your sewing abilities.

The Hausmann House said...

You are so creative Alison!!! I am very jealous.

Lauren said...

That looks great! I need some sewing lessons asap! I am sorry your closing date keeps changing hopefully this wed!!

Mandee said...

so cute Ali... I am so impressed!

Alicia said...

You are a woman of many talents! I am impressed.

Lizzy said...

How did you think to do that? It never would have crossed my mind. It looks so good! I love the material.

Ilene said...

You are killing me with all of these great projects. I got dressed today and thought about some projects I want to finish around the house. Too bad it doesn't make for great blogging material.

The seat turned out darling!

Good luck with the house thing.

Beth said...

how did i not know of this talent of yours? very impressive, especially from someone who can barely thread a needle!

that dress is to die for-love it.

Kendee said...

You are so crafty.

Mary said...

Dang girl! You need to start an etsy . . .

Desiree said...

i really need you to give me a brief explanation of how you covered the car seat... her seat looks very familiar to riley's, and rileys needs a face lift.

bulkleybunch said...

want to do mine?!! pretty please?! jk but seriously you got skills girl!

Jill said...

great job on the seat! i am so impressed, you need to give me some pointers.

Emily S. said...

CUTE! Nice work, mama!

Em said...

You are amazing! I wish we lived closer and we could do these fun projects together! Miss you! LYMI

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Wow Alison. Nothing like making a car seat cover and dress in your spare time! You ROCK!

Beth said...

just wanted you to know i made corn salsa today and thought of you:) so delish!

hope the move is going well and you won't have to move again for a LONG time!

Chappell Family said...

Look at you!!! Crafty! New car seat, cute little dress, and a new casa! I need to keep up! Miss ya!!!