First, my nephew Jesse got married to Jessica in San Diego.
My sisters Emily and Amy stopped through Vegas on their way down to Cali. Since Emily was also going husbandless for this trip, we banned together and she drove down with me and our three littles. We got there just in time for the wedding dinner at Jessica's parents home. It was a fun (freezing, I forgot that in other places it gets cold when the sun goes down) reunion, yummy food and a beautiful home.

The next day was the main event. We were lucky to be staying less than two miles from the temple and had wonderful nieces and nephews in charge of the littles while we went inside for the beautiful sealing. Here we are hanging out afterward, waiting for the bride and groom. Ben and Lauren (who were getting married 2 weeks later, we'll get to that one) were my lifesavers on the trip. My girls instantly fell in love with Ben and he saved me from going insane running after crazy Sage all day long.
3.jpg)
Emery loved going to the temple. She loved seeing her cousins getting married and worshipped Jessica in all her loveliness. She kept referring to the San Diego temple as Jessica's temple. The temple was covered in scaffolding, but that didn't deter the happy moods and I loved Jessica's attitude about the whole thing. She embraced that it made her wedding unique instead of fretting that her pictures were ruined.
4.jpg)
The reception was gorgeous. The girls had a blast playing out on this lawn. There was a beautiful view of the beach.
5.jpg)
Jessica had all the little nieces (cousins) dress in black and white and took pictures with them. Of course Sage wouldn't cooperate for the real photo shoot, but at least I got this one.
The food was unbelievable. Seriously, I have dreams about the food is was so good. Amazing appetizers (the beef tenderloin with cream artichoke sauce ...oh my mouth is watering), a mac-n-cheese bar, strawberry spinach salad, pesto chicken, it was all so fabulous. Jesse was also proud as he had the suggestion of having an oreo bar (we are so in sinc on this one, I love oreos). It was probably my favorite part. Sad I didn't get a picture of it. But they had these cute signs that said "Together Forever" and then a sign that said "Like Oreos and Ice Cold Milk" and another at the sundae station that said "Like Ice Cream and Hot Fudge".
We took advantage of the trip to Cali and went to the beach the next day. Emery had a blast. She and Daxton were the cutest buddies playing in the sand and running from the water. Sage on the other hand... ate sand and gave me a heart attack every 5 min.
Ok, babies are waking up. That is all I have time for now. Next up, the Lauren & Ben wedding in AZ.
6 comments:
Gorgeous gorgeous wedding!!! They are too cute! I just love weddings.
Great pictures!!
fun pics Al! Send me your email address and I will send you Lauren's pics I have.
Looks like a really fun wedding! I love the beach pictures.
La Jolla is heavenon earth. I tell Dan when he makes his millions (ha!) we are moving there.
Jesse and Jessica, huh?
Almost as awesome as the couples I know named: Paul and Paula, and Shawn and Shaun.
love the girls in their dresses. soo cute. yay for a post. now get on the next one! don't you hate how blogging is now a chore instead of an escape?! well, at least for me it is. i love yoU!
I love your photo collages. How do you do that? I finally posted some pictures of our Oregon trip. Hopefully, the weather will be nice when we move out there in July.
Post a Comment