Monday, May 24, 2010

The End


I can't believe it's over. I am so sad that it is over because it was 6 years of the best TV I've ever watched, but I know it was definitely necessary to end the show. As my husband said if they hadn't promised an end we probably would have stopped watching it awhile ago (during that horrible flash forward time or when Anna Lucia ruled the island or when Brian wanted to kill Charlotte). It had to end, and I actually liked the finale. But it doesn't mean I can't be sad does it?

You try to decribe this show to someone who doesn't watch it and you sound either crazy or that you are describing the most detailed insane dream you've ever had. There's a smoke monster, time travel, crazy white light, flash forward, flashbacks, flash sideways, everyone is connected somehow, and people who are good are sometimes bad and people who are bad have some good moments. It is totally crazy. But somehow, if you watch it all - it is totally logical and emotional and I love it.

In case you didn't want to stay up late and watch it (so that all your dreams really were LOST related) then stop reading. I know some complain about the finale. That it was a cop-out or that it didn't clear everything up. Yes, there are still some unanswered questions - like did we ever find out why women couldn't get pregnant on the island? But overall, I liked the warm happy feeling I got watching the reunion of all my favorite people from our mystery island. The bittersweet moment of Jack lying there while Vincent comes and joins him as he watches the plane fly overhead. The show ending with an eye closing just as it began with an eye opening. There were so many beautifully emotional moments in the finale that I was ok with the lingering questions and twists of fate.

Just as one of my favorite little letters said (did you watch those letters that people wrote in about LOST, some were pretty hilarious) - I lost 6 years of my life and I don't want them back.



And yes, I have a million other things to blog about but I couldn't resist talking about LOST here, it is an end to a era.

9 comments:

Lizzy said...

I'm really going to miss Sawyer. And his dimples.

I was so, SO confused at the ending. Once I figured it out (ok, once John explained it to me), I loved it. I was also excited to rub it in John's face that it really was a love story after all. Well, that's what I got from it anyway.

Mandee said...

I cried my eyes out. I will miss Jack the most, and still feel so sad that it's over. I thought the ending was brilliant, and loved that last scene with Jack and Vincent, too. I can't wait to buy all of the seasons and watch it all over again.

Emily said...

Sniff sniff...bawling again!

I agree with all of that...best show ever.

Alicia said...

I love this.
I love Lost.
I love you.

Caryn said...

I'm not ready to talk about it being over yet.

Good post.

bulkleybunch said...

once again proving i'm the debbi of the family, i don't/didn't get it? when did they die? were they always dead? then why did they killed again and again? whhhaaaaattttt??? help me adi!

bulkleybunch said...

ps my happiest thing was that kate and jack made out on the island. well, were they dead when that happened? wtf

Sammy Pow said...

Everything on the island happened for real. The sideways world wasn't actually sideways, it was a purgatory or sorts that people had to pass through to get to heaven. It had no relationship to the island.

Kris said...

I feel the same way! Lost exactly corresponded with our time in Kansas. It's ending and our time here is ending and it makes me a little sentimental.