Thursday, December 09, 2010

Thanksgiving in AZ

I love Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving in Arizona. I love that I get to see all my family (we missed you this year Amy), that everyone is such fabulous cooks so every bite is the best thing you ever ate, that Emery and Sage have so much fun with their cousins and their big cousins help take care of them, that it is warm enough to eat outside, that we spend the rest of the day looking at all the Black Friday ads, that I have crazy enough sisters and mom (and this year 2 awesome nieces) to get up in the middle of the night to shop. I love it all.

Unfortunately, I was too busy loving everything to take any pictures (I am resolving to change my ways, I need to stop being lazy because I am always sad afterward when I have no pictures). So, the only pics I could find were ones my awesome niece put on facebook. Here is our end of the very long table (even with my sister in Utah and my brother who was a trader and ate with his in-laws we still have 48 people there, I love it)
Here is Brian not wanting to be left out. Don't I have the most beautiful nieces?

So, before I forget I just want to jot down some of the highlights of the trip:
  • Seeing Tangled with everyone. I loved it, Emery got scared, and Sage was wild running all over the place.
  • Ellie's birthday party at Jumpstreet. Lots of fun for all ages, Pizza tasted so good after a long wait, Sage kept getting lost in the blow up houses and Ellie got so much Barbie stuff that Emery decided to change her list for Santa.
  • Trying to fit all our family in the Cafe Rio private room.
  • Sage lost one of her snaggle teeth on Thanksgiving Day. Noticed while she ate a roll so I am assuming she ate that too.
  • Shopping from 12-6am on Friday. Kassidy and Jessica being awesome helpers at Walmart. Driving for almost an hour looking for an open drive-thru and finally screaming for joy when Jack in the Box was open. Sorry Jessica and Joanna, their tacos are still gross.
  • Family Dance (minus most of the men who had to watch football). Sage loved it, Emery had a meltdown and went in to watch Mickey Mouse, and Drew doing the "Shower" with all the girls were the highlights. That and Sheila. She is awesome.
  • Taking the girls to see the Mesa Temple lights. My favorite.
  • Eating at Pete's Fish-n-chips. Good ol' Pete's.
Good times, good times. I have a lot to be thankful for, that is for sure.

6 comments:

Lizzy said...

I'm jealous you got to eat outside. Looks like a beautiful day. And it sounds like a fun weekend!

Emily said...

Wow 48 people, that's impressive. I think it would be so fun to have such a huge group.

I love the Jack in the Box story. It's amazing what can sound so delicious when you're starving.

Christi said...

48 people!!!1 I bet it was yummy! I didn't know Sage lost one of her snaggles!
And Tangled was super cute!

Kara said...

So, you never found Sage's tooth? You really think she ate it? Sounds like fun times on Black Friday. One of these days I'm going to get it right, when I'm not 2 hours away from the nearest store! I bet you scored some great deals! You're lucky to have so many great sisters who will do all that with you.

Chante said...

Whatev....don't call us traders! Most families switch every other year between families.....for some reason this lovely family is different which makes switching occasionally difficult, although I have to admit I would have rather enjoyed thanksgiving at the Randall's. Love my family as well though...anyways, I am grateful I did not join you guys for the all nighter....I probably would have died!

s.lloyd said...

I guess eating dinner with 4 screaming babies and then ditching them to go see that movie the last 48 hours or whatever it was called wasn't part of your top memories. Thanks!