Thursday, December 08, 2005

That Holiday Feeling...

Christmas time is here and it is the hap-happiest season of all. I truly believe that they (whoever it was that decided the celebration of Christ's birth would be Dec. 25th) chose the dead of winter because we all need something joyful during this dreary and cold time of year. I love everything Christmas and I try not to let anything Bah Humbug it's way into my Christmas each year. One of my favorite things about Christmas is Christmas Music. I fight the urge each year to start listening to it in September. I have downloaded hundreds of great Christmas music onto my home computer. I am at work now otherwise and don't have access to it otherwise I would share it with you now.

I would like to share with you at this time lyrics from my favorite Holiday song that I grew up with. It was on an old record (yes, I grew up with Christmas RECORDS, and I miss each and every scratch) from the 70's that my mom got as a free gift for buying tons of crap at a department store. Please note the sexual undertone. I just have to say, whoever said that sex has become more prominent today obviously didn't listen to old Christmas music. I mean Baby, it's cold outside and Let it snow. But I love it anyway!

That Holiday Feeling - Duet by Mel and Edie Gorme
Edie: Look how the snow is snowing
Mel: Your eyes are soft and glowing
Jack Frost is nipping at our feet
I'll bet your lips are warm and sweet

Together: We've got that Holiday Feeling
That Happy Holiday Feeling
Let's roast chestnuts by the fire
Any little thing you desire

Those reindeer soon will be here
Don't mean a thing to me dear
When Santa Clause begins his flight
I hope he gets a flat tonight

We've got that Holiday Feeling
That Happy Holiday Feeling

Our favorite holiday of the year

You better leave
It's been so lovely here like this,
a chance I'd never miss
But it's so late
On New Year's Eve
At twelve o'clock we'll stop to kiss
And while the whole world will be whisle blowin'
We will still be mistle towin'

You think your such a smarty
Come on let's have a party
I know what's running through your mind
This is the season to be kind

We've got that Holiday Feeling
That Happy Holiday Feeling

So, come and snuggle close to me
Right here where your supposed to be
Let's kiss 'cuz it's the season here
Let's kiss who needs a reason dear

We've got That Holiday Feeling Now!

7 comments:

Sammy Pow said...

Sorry to be a bah humbug but one of the things I like least about Christmas is the cheesey music. And I have to take issue with your statment of "hundreds of great Christmas songs" because I live with you, and while you do have hundreds of Christmas songs I'd say there may be a handful of great ones (and that's still a liberal estimate).

Alifinale said...

I'm not listening. They are great Christmas songs and they bring me joy! So, bah humbug to you!!

Lizzy said...

Wow. I've got to hear this song. I LOVE christmas music. I especially love christmas music with sexual undertones. LOL! Best kind there is...

Marc said...

Isn't it Mel Torme?

Alifinale said...

I made a mistake, it is Steve and Edie Gorme. Sorry!

Marc said...

I think your G and T buttons pulled the ole' switcheroo again

Marc said...

...or I didn't read the fact that you said it was STEVE Gorme this time. Silly me.