Friday, December 02, 2005
This is going in the blog...
That is what my husband said when we were watching LOST on Wednesday night and I freaked out when Kate kissed Jack. For all those out there that are not LOST fans, too bad for you. It is one of my favorites (I know you are thinking, what show doesn't she like). Anyway, the last few episodes have been not so good because they weren't focused on my favorite characters, Kate and Jack. Well, all is better because this episode was all about Kate and she finally kissed Jack!! There was so much sexual tension in this episode (which is a key ingredient for making a show great) that I had to shout when the event happened. My hubbie just laughs at me and mocks how I will have to report this in the blog, well I here I am reporting it. Someday, when my life doesn't revolve around TV or boring work I will post something else. Until then, look to AliFinale for better reports than your TV Guide.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Speaking of TV guide... have you seen how they've switched to a Star/US Weekly/People -like format? Weird.
I haven't seen Lost yet--I'm planning on watching the whole first season over Christmas break.
We like Lost too... watch it every week (we kind of got hooked on Invasion now too). I find the writing curious sometimes though... maybe as a superfan too you can help me answer some of these lingering questions Ali:
1. Where did the dinosaur-monster things go? They/it were/was all over the place at the beginning of last season.
2. Ditto on the Wild Boars. I guess one clipped Walt's dad a couple episodes ago... but there just doesn't seem to be as many of them.
3. They made this big deal out of following Jack and moving inland because it was the right/safe... now they're back on the beach. Is it because that one cave caved in?
Didn't mean to post that yet... also...
4) John Locke... didn't they play up the fact that he was losing the ability to walk again? What happened to that?
There's more stuff I've thought was weird, contradictory or puzzling... just can't think of it yet. Maybe they'll come back to some of this stuff or maybe they just decided to go in a different direction with it.
If I know JJ Abrams, and I think I do, Lost will continue to spin out of control until there is no resemblence to the original episodes. Take Alias for an example, it used to be a normal show about a skinny chick who could kick the crap out of everyone. Then all these supernatural things were brought in, like Rambaldi and the Truth (bad guys) and anyway it is safe to say that Alias sucks now and Lost will continue to get weirder but Ali will keep watching it praying for Jack and Kate to get married and return to the states and the government will pardon Kate for being a psycho.
True to your roots my friend... Looks like you still know what time it is.
First of all BA, it's not the Truth, it was the Covenant. Second of all, I kind of agree, LOST is fun to watch but there are so many holes. I usually try to ignore them, at least during the actual season. But once summer is here, I will have all sorts of time to think about how the plot has led us to various different directions, then dropped us over a cliff.
I will say this, I hope they reintroduce some of the weird things later and resolve them. In an attempt to answer Marc's questions,
1. I kind of think the monster thing was something in their minds, like when they were new to the island and kept having visions. At least I hope it was in their mind because that storyline was a little too far fetched for me.
2. I think the wild boar are more scarce because they ate so many, or maybe migrated away. They did address that the boar were getting scarce.
3. I think they may have moved back to the beach because of the "others"
4. And your right about John Locke but I may chalk that up to the whole mind games thing.
We may have to wait and see how it goes. Until it falls apart (and even a little after), I am a faithful watcher.
Okay... makes sense. Except for the fact that the monster thing ate one of the pilots. Perhaps they'll try to tie everything up later. I thought they had let the heroin story-line die (when they found the plane full of mother marys)... but then they brought it up again a couple of episodes ago.
Post a Comment