Sunday, May 07, 2006

What does it mean?!?!?

I know that Freud said, sometimes a dream is just a dream. But it doesn't keep me from wondering what crack was I on when I went to sleep. I have had some pretty bizarre dreams the last few nights so I thought I would share some highlights.

Three nights ago: I dreamt about my high school boyfriend, Ryan. It was really weird because I think my husband must have died or something and Ryan's wife was out of the picture too because it wasn't like we were back in high school it was post marriage to other people. Anyway, I don't remember much but I know he was pursuing me and his family was hassling me to marry him (there is a lot of history there, so that part I understand). Well, I guess I agreed to marry him, and he picked me up and we were going somewhere and I just remember looking at him and thinking, man this is hard work trying to fall in love with him. I am sorry I can't remember the details, but for some reason the scene looked like the part of My Best Friends Wedding when he picks up Julia from the airport.

Two nights ago: Another dream about another man, but instead of an ex-boyfriend, it was Burt Reynolds. He was my boyfriend and we were making out. I mean it was a dream so you think I could've gone all the way, but I distinctly remember clothes were on. I have NO IDEA where that came from. It's not like I watched a Friends episode that he was in recently or anything. Joseph, can you interpret this dream?

Last night: Well, at least there wasn't a new guy, but same theme. I was single and at a party trying to find a new boyfriend. Then in walks an old friend of mine that I seriously haven't talked to in over 3 years. And I was all excited to see her and she walked in with one of her old girlfriends. She gave me a hug and stuff, but acted a little stand offish. I don't remember what else, but it was very weird. Why did I think of Gretchen of all people when I haven't seen her in sooo long.

Anyway, I am sorry that these were not the most exciting of dreams, but certainly out of the blue. What could it mean? Am I going crazy or what?

6 comments:

Sammy Pow said...

I think it means you probably want to implement an "open" marriage, just for the summer though. Just think about.

Marc said...

I think to get a complete picture we need to knmow what BA has been dreaming about.

Lizzy said...

I would interpret this dream to mean you're hungry. For some lovin. Ok, I got nothing.

Kris said...

Are you horny? Is BA putting out enough? I agree with Lizzy that these dreams are evidence of some kind of sexual frustration.

But I had a dream that I kissed Leo DiCaprio. How sick is that?

syd said...

i dream about burt reynolds too, i think if you don't, you are crazy.

melbo said...

Maybe you've been cooped up too long and you need some social action. Time for daddy and baby to bond while you go party with pals (btw, "party" d/n= bunko*!)

*No offense intended, bunko sounds super fun...