
After months of playing "What if" (and believe me, the game is far from over), our little family has an actual job to make a decision on. Now we need to decide if we want it.
Pros
1. It is a job! That is way better than not having a job.
2. I wouldn't have to continue working at HFDG
3. SUNSHINE!!! I know to some, Vegas seems like a Hot Hell Hole, but coming from Mesa, it feels like home to me.
4. Midpoint between family in Mesa and family in Utah
5. People will actually come visit us there, unlike Eugene. Or at least stop by and say "hello" on their way to other destinations.
6. Close to family, yet far enough away from the daily drama.
7. There are some good friends there.
8. Good earning potential. Las Vegas is a booming metropolis!
9. Strong LDS community
10. Temple close by
11. Emery could learn to swim.
Cons
1. Have to look for another job in a year.
2. Have to live like students (almost) for another year.
3. Nevada Bar is very scary.
4. Closest family is 5 hours away.
5. Do we really want to live in Las Vegas, potentially forever?
I know the Pros list is way longer (hey, I'm an optimist), but some of the cons are a little weighty. Please feel free to add to my lists....
7 comments:
I am the wrong person to be offering my 2 cents because I HATE Las Vegas. And you might remember my last, and really fun (using my sarcastic voice) visit to Mesa with you and Amy, years ago. I seriously thought Satan was breathing in my face. But, your pros list sounds very convincing. I think whatever you and Brian decide, it will be the right thing for your family. Good luck!
Well there's a good chance Raleigh and I will end up in Vegas next year as well - so there you go. That's all the incentive you need to choose Vegas... Right?
I TOTALLY know what you are talking about! Except that I am not a fan of the heat, but the rest of the year (weather-wise) has been awesome! I don't like looking for a job multiple times, I don't like living like students. BUT I do think that my hubby has learned a TON from his job, and learned more about what he really wants to do. Any questions, feel free to contact me! Good luck, whatever you decide I'm sure it will be the right decision!
I don't really like Vegas either but if you are just going to be there a year or two, I think it would be fun. We have had some friends live there and not want to leave....Decisions suck...It is especially hard when you have choices and you feel "good" about more than one option. Good Luck!
I think as long as you have a good attitude, where ever you go will be great. And its not like you are going to be living on the strip, right?! There are some really nice neighborhoods in Las Vegas. I have some family that lives there and they love it. Be excited!
Cons
6. Strip Joint on every corner
... or is that a pro?
I say go for it. A job is a job. And Vegas has some recreational opportunities nearby. And we would come visit you.
I would have come to visit you in Eugene if you would've come to visit us in Topeka.
Yep. Not really destination places are they?
Post a Comment