Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I can't seem to keep up

I can't seem to keep up. Not with my blog, or my housework, or my kids, or with life. I can't turn down any opportunity to play so everything else falls behind. I have a lot to blog about and maybe I will get around to it (as if anyone cares).

Like going to UT to meet this cutest little one. Or coming home and then the next day having my dad and Cheri, and my bro and his family come to visit. Then it was Mother's Day.... and we spoke in church... plus it was our 7 year anniversary. Now I am trying to sew a bunch of stuff to sell this weekend and everything is going wrong. Finally, I realized I just can't keep up.

So, instead of dealing with all that, I just have to say as I watch the Today show talk about American Idol - I can't stand Adam Lambert. Seriously, why do people love him so much? I am not trying to say he has a terrible voice, I realize the boy has pipes - I just don't like how he uses them. And the clothes and the makeup? It is too much. And I am sorry, he is NOT original. He sounds like a bad wannabe of the Darkness and about 5 other old Rock Stars. I know he will probably win, just like David Cook did last year and I wasn't such a fan of him either. But I dislike Adam more and I like Kris Allen way more. At least when he sings a song I think I would actually enjoy hearing it again.

9 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

whoa alison-back the crap off! you know i'm in love with adam. kris is like every other zoobie schmuck who thinks he can play the guitar and sing covers (p.s. he totally blew in on apologize -ick!). blah. adam may be over the top, but kris ain't got no...hmmm...anything. he's so boring! if kris wins (which he won't) i'm done with idol (and america, minus you) for life!

Emily said...

Seriously, such talent wasted on weird-o Adam Lambert. Kris is my favorite too (which isn't saying too much seeing as how he's not THAT great...but my favorite this season for sure).

There's that zoobie word again...

Kookles said...

I haven't watched American Idol at all. So no comment. All I know is the pictures I have seen, and that make-up is weird!

Christi said...

Sorry that was me :)

Ilene said...

Not an Adam fan either. I don't care of he can scream on key, a screech is a screech. He sounds the same every single week.

I think he has that nasty hair and makeup to compensate for the chubby face.

Oh, I am mean. But what else is there to do but criticize during his songs?

Alicia said...

Okay, so I've only seen like the last two episodes, but I agree with you, dude. Adam is over-rated and he will totally win. And this from someone who never watches.
But really... we need to talk about LOST. Check my blog and comment. I'm dying.

Alicia said...

I really want you to keep that "Happy New Year" a little longer. It makes me so happy. :) (I'm serious!)
Also, when you get a minute... let's see some more pics of your house.

The Scotts said...

I love you! You have me laughing so hard right now! I used to love Adam but now am sick of his tongue and something seems different. He is good but I am a Danny Gokey fan! So sad after last night!! I do like Kris but I just don't know who should win. Don't hate me but I am leaning towards Adam.

bulkleybunch said...

i don't like any of those yahoo's on a.i. this season. where's ace when you need him, huh?! :)