Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer of Utah

I love UT in the summer. It is beautiful. It is nice and hot in the day and cools down at night (I don't have to wake up at 5am to go running in UT). Most importantly, I love UT in the summer because my whole family congregates there in July and it is now my new tradition. It was so fun to play with so much family and see so many friends (who I neglected to take pictures of) and get a little reprieve from Satan's Breath (as I like to call the Vegas Heat). So, here is our vacation recap (AKA longest post ever).

Fourth of July Weekend

3rd of July Fireworks and ice cream (since everyone else went to Stadium of Fire, we got fireworks on the 3rd and the 5th but none on the actual 4th). Emery loved them this year and Sage sat mesmerized.Parade on the 4th.
Emery got sunscreen in her eyes and cried almost the entire time.
Sage was an angel. Overall, we remembered how much we hate big crowds but when we got home thought it was pretty fun. It will be interesting to see if we try this again next year.

But it was fun to go to the Freedom Festival booths to see my nephews working it for Jyze (Look at those giants with my little girls. I love it)Emery demo-ing the product.The rest of the 4th was celebrated as it should be with BBQ and swimming. Brian earning best Dad and uncle award.
We also celebrated with a baby blessing and a baptism.
This special event gave us an opportunity to have all my mom's 8 kids together.
My poor only brother.

So, what else did we do on our extended vacation?

Relaxed and snacked at the pool.
Partied up at Classic Family Fun Center
Sent Emery to Princess Camp with her cousin's Indie and Libby.
Had a mini family reunion in Park City.

More Swimming.

Many a storytime with Pop Pop and Indie
Hiked to Stewart Falls - with the traditional singing, sisters on the log picture, lunch at Sundance. New this year was hiking with older nieces and nephews and McKay dropping his iphone in the falls.Had all the A grandkids together (just waiting on 2 more cutest little girls to arrive).
Swam some more with cousinsWent to the Zoo.Other highlights not in pictures:
  • Played and played and played with cousins. Emery pretty much lived at Indie's house (thanks Hol for adopting her).
  • Emery and Tyson playing "Wife and Honey"
  • Seeing friends that I don't always get to see when we come to UT - don't be strangers Brooke, Liz, Chelsea, Jamie, Mandee, Alicia and Laurel because I am coming back next July!
  • Throwing a shower for Beeta and then making bedding with her (and MIL and LTB). So sad I had to leave right before the little muncher makes her appearance.
  • Glitter toes and hair by my lovely sister.
  • Going on triple date with my hubbie and his boyfriend (loved playing with Jill and Liz too) while Gangy watched the kiddos.
  • Eating at all my favorite places - except never got around to Training Table. Cheese fries and UDS will have to wait.
  • SYTYCD parties at Hollie's. Best treats, best commentaries, and best buddy to cry with!
Now I am back and sweating and glad to be home. Until next July...

12 comments:

Emily said...

Is there really such a thing as Princess Camp?

I am screwed.

SO GLAD YOU AND YOUR GLITTER TOES ARE BACK!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

ha. i just snorted at emily's comment.

you forgot crying your eyes out at 'my sister's keeper' while your MIL scoffed at you!

it was fun-maybe next year we'll be making the utah trek with you from satan's bumhole (that's what i call LV). i kid, i'm sure it will be a blast if it has to happen.

we should have taken a picture of brr's bedding because i have a feeling we'll never have another chance to do it. i've been on a sewing kick since...

Lizzy said...

I'm tired after reading that. I can't imagine actually doing all of it. You're a busy girl! But it sure did sound like fun!

Kara said...

Wow, that was the longest post ever, but much needed since you were gone FOREVER!! Glad you had so much fun and got to see so much family.

The Scotts said...

I was wondering where you have been!! What a fun vacation away from the heat. Poor Emery and you. Abby once got sunscreen in her eyes and I am now EXTRA careful to not get it on her hands or near her eyes.

Christi said...

I gotta hear about this princess camp too! I am glad that you are back, not that I am :) Can't wait to play when we get back.

Jill said...

this post makes me want to go swimming. its so hot here right now, and the humidity is at like 98%. i love these pictures, the one of brian jumping in the pool and emery relaxing on the raft are my favorites.

bulkleybunch said...

how pathetic am i that i read my little shout out and got teary eyed?! i win! what a loser. anyway, we sure miss the heck out of you guys. indie is a nightmare without her little emers. the pics of brian are my favorite in a long long time. you're the best ever. lymi (stole that from you) :)

Jenn said...

I love Utah in the summer also, but really anything beats this miserable las vegas heat. It looks like fun, glad you are back. It's always fun to see family.

Chante said...

Em was too busy to do glitter toes for me dang it...lucky you got to stay another week longer! It looks like we both had some jam packed days and a lot of fun....definitely a tradition and Aspen Grove here we come in a few!

Dave and Loralee said...

princess camp, eh? I've got to do something about that :)
And does Training Table still exist in Provo??
glad you had fun!!

Kendee said...

So jealous. Can I be one of the sisters next year? I am totally serious.