Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Technical Difficulties

In case anyone was wondering... our house is experiencing technical difficulties. Laptop died and had to go into the shop. Geek Squad said it will be 3-4 weeks. We are stuck with the desktop that dates back before we were married (I think around 2001. In computer years, it's ancient). Every time I use this thing I start kicking and screaming out of frustration so I mostly avoid it. So, sorry that my New Year's Resolution to be on top of things has fallen by the wayside. Blame PC, if only we'd had a Mac (my FIL should love that).

Until I get caught up here is a little bit of what has been going on:
  • Girl's Night out at the Palms. Out on the town Vegas style. Except even all "dressed up" the 3 pregnant ladies and 3 non-pregnant mothers looked like nuns comparatively.
  • Sage is 18 months and finally went to the Dr. so I could get her stats. She is finally legal to ride forward facing.
  • Going to Disney on Ice tomorrow. I can't wait! Er...I mean, Emery can't wait.
  • Finally saw Avatar. Loved it! But don't worry, I am not going to try to commit suicide because I am so sad I can't live on Pandora.
  • American Idol and 24 are back! Now I am just waiting for LOST and I will be complete.
  • New next door neighbors. Happy happy day - a 3 yr old boy that loves to play with Emery and 9 year old girl that wants to babysit and help with the kids. LOVE IT! (Don't report me to child services - I know she is young to officially babysit, but we are grooming her and she helps so I don't have to sit outside all day while they ride scooters)
So, don't give up on me. And if you email me and I don't respond...try calling.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alison, your computer woes bring me no Mac-induced happiness, only sadness for the lost blogging that will never occur. The consequences will be experienced by us all, as we patiently wait for your PC to return. Maybe the Geek squad will surprise and delight you with an early return of the laptop,
praying that this will be the case,
FIL

Christi said...

When Reagan woke up the first thing she talked about was Disney on Ice! It should be fun. I want to see pictures of your night out!
Hang in there your computer will be back soon!

R Family said...

I am also so glad that American Idol and 24 are back. I just need Glee to start again and then my TV life will be complete for the moment. Love you new family pictures up top. Super cute.

bulkleybunch said...

yes, i was actually wondering where the heck you went. sorry about the technical difficulties. love you!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

boo-i hear you with the computer problems. and the kicking and screaming (and crying). my computer was creating major tension in my life for months before it finally died. here's to getting that thing back asap!

bulkleybunch said...

k, long enough technical difficulties. i'm needing an adi fix! hurry up!

Beeta said...

The blogging world just isn't the same without you! Hurry back soon!!

Caryn said...

Oh man oh man oh man! Hope the girls get better soon!