Thursday, January 07, 2010

Thoughts about 2010

It's a new year. In fact, it has been for a week and I am just a little slow to get around to it. But I am finally wrapping my head around 2010, a new year and the holidays are over (sad). 2010 means...

...hmmm...are we saying two thousand ten or twenty ten? I say we make the switch to twenty ten. I miss the good ol' nineteen days.

...Emery is turning 4. We survived the terrible 2's and the 3's were even more terrifying. So, with 4 I am expecting her to turn back into my perfect angel. That's what happens at 4, right?

...Sage will turn 2. It all begins again. She already throws a pretty good tantrum if you attempt to give her the wrong sippy. We are in trouble.

...Brian has a birthday too. He already picked out his present. Not that fun but we love him.

...I turn 30. I am not sure how I feel about this. The other day when someone asked my age I said I was turning 30 in March. I don't know if that was to better prepare me for the coming day or if I just jipped myself of a few more months to legitimately say I am 29. Hopefully 30 isn't as scary as it sounds (especially since in my mind I still think I am 17 or 20 depending on the day).

...hopefully a new backyard is coming this year. One that has more than rocks and weeds.

...maybe this year I will be back to blogging regularly and not just "we did this" moments. Perhaps more TV talk and other fun stuff. We'll see.

...goals/resolutions. Consistency is my goal this year. Consistency in portion control (seriously, the scale is not my friend since the holidays and I need to come to terms with the fact that I can't eat like a cow anymore). Consistency with exercise. Consistency with reading, praying, preparing, parenting, cleaning, organizing, finishing projects, family time, date nights...

...a new addition to the our family. No that wasn't an announcement (let me repeat, I am NOT pregnant). I am just hoping to convince daddy that another rugrat in our house is a good idea. Sage's love for babies is really helping my argument.


Well, this year has a lot going for it so I think I can now welcome it with open arms. So bring it on 2010.

Oh, and here are a few pics I collected from other fun times during Christmas.

Cute cousins - Indie, Nash & Emery
More cute cousins - Haven, Libby & Emery. Emery was in cousin heaven (too bad I don't have so many pics from my side of the fam...they are cute too)!
Hollie & I holding eachothers babies. It was so fun to meet cute little Capri and Brecken for the first time (sad that I have no picture with me and Breck).
What do we think, are they still twins?
And Daddy's back to his old tricks.
The angels at the Christmas Eve Nativity 1
Then another cute angel in Christmas Eve Nativity 2 (Sage the sheep escaped by this time)
Emery doing a fantastic rendition of "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" for the family talent show (video is out there somewhere, but being the wonderful mother that I am it wasn't taken by my camera. Another thing I need to be consistent about in 2010).
But the highlight of the talent show was my niece and nephews performance of "Single Ladies"
Ok, now I can let go of the holidays.

12 comments:

Emily said...

That pic of Bri and Emmers...omg. Too. Cute.

I'm sorry, are you guys at the church for your Christmas Eve thing? I love that. Too many people?

Good luck next month with the whole conceiving thing. I'm sure you'll fill us all in on the details later: time, place, etc. Here's hoping for a BOY Anderson!

Happy New Year!

Kara said...

I love this post and the pictures! Sounds like you have a great year ahead of you. 30 isn't so bad I guess. If you still feel like you're in your 20's, that's all that matters.

lisset said...

it was good seeing you guys on our way back and thanks for the yummy lunch! ethan has been recounting his play time with "memory" ever since we got home. seems like despite their bickering they made fast friends... silly kids.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

OMG! I love the cousins in the spandex! I like your goals. Made me think about mine. I agree that another rugrat would be awesome. You guys make such cute ones! :)

The Scotts said...

I think you make a great angel and holy cow are those the Randall kids?!?! They are so old!

Beth said...

are those the randall kids?!? how are they so tall? i want to see a video.

i like your twenty ten thoughts. i am still trying to catch up on posting from 09! so you shouldn't feel too behind.

3 kids is crazy-not that i would change it but i say enjoy 2 for longer. seriously.

Christi said...

I love the picture of Brian and Emmers too. I really like the skirts especially with the flower on them.
I want to see a video of Single Ladies!!!

gretchen said...

I'm so with you on turning 30 this year. I already tell myself I'm 30 so it won't be such a shock when it happens. Such cute pictures and your girls are adorable! It looks like it was a fun Christmas. The "single ladies" cracked me up. Oh, did Brian tell you we may come your way in April? It would be fun to see you guys.

Alifinale said...

For those asking, video of the "Single Ladies" performance by yes the big grown up Randalls is on my facebook page. It is hilarious! They totally rule.

bulkleybunch said...

we've had almost 2 weeks of indie being four, let me warn you, it isn't any easier! but then again, there's no comparing emmers to indie! and 30 sucks @#*$(. doesn't matter if you feel it or not, you are and it sucks. hopefully you won't get a vacuum like i did for my 30th. :) baby #3 is coming for sure. bri bri just likes to talk tough. love you lots. happy twenty ten!

The Farnsworth Family said...

Ali, loved your goals. I need to post some too. I just can't get on top of life lately. You are amazing, your blog, your super craftiness (teach me?) and everything! Thanks for keeping up on your blog. It always makes me smile!

Beth said...

ok this is for brian-

if your wifey is ready for a 3rd-you really don't have a choice but to be on board. because let's face it-she does 95% of the stuff for the kids.

3 is worth it-and it will be the best when they are a little older and close in age.

ali-did i redeem myself??? :)