First, I take Sage to her "well" check - 18 months and find out she has double ear infections and bronchiolitis. This sound familiar? Yeah, let's say it isn't the first time we have gone to a well check and found out she wasn't so well. Ok, so maybe I knew she had a cold and waited the few days until we had an actual Dr. appt. I hate taking the kids to the Dr. more than needs be. So, we were back to this.

Then one week later, Emery wakes up and has a strange rash all over her chest and back. I take her to the Dr. He takes one look at her and informs me she has strep. Bummer. Fortunately, all that was needed was some antibiotics and since Emery wasn't feeling sick she wasn't too grumpy. Until 2 days later she wakes up barking like a seal. Yeah, she got croup. So, we put her on the sauce too.

Can we be done being sick? We are not good at being couped up at home. Fortunately, we are feeling better today. Seal barking has subsided. And our dance parties have resumed (here is what happens when Brian tries to take a picture while the girls are dancing on the ottoman - yeah, we are teaching them young how to live in Vegas)

PS - still don't have the computer back thus all pictures are from the phone. May this wait be over soon!
10 comments:
first of all, shut up. do you know how COLD it is here? and the inversion? oh, to be able to go to the park without freezing. i'm sure the kids could hack it right now, but i sure can't.
second, brian's photo with sage is much more realistic than yours with emery and your big happy smile-why aren't you pouting? although, emmers looks pretty beat-down (her poor little eyes make that scene look much more pathetic than i'm sure it actually was-so funny). don't get mad at me for saying that-you know what i mean, right?
when do we get to say 'good riddance' to winter?
I HATE having sick kids! But hey, at least now little Sage can face forward and be a part of the family. :)
As for TV, I think you need to watch Vampire Diaries (if you're not already doing so) for 3 completely logical reasons. 1} I said so. 2} It's awesome. 3} It has Boone from Lost.
Cooped up at home? I thought I was going to have to come barricade you in your house to get you to skip the park today. Don't get me wrong, we want you to come, but I want your kids to get better, more.
Once they are well, bring them over and I'll watch them so you can get out and away form sickness.
I know I feel like we fell off the face of the earth last week due to sickies! I am so done with sickness. I am glad we didn't have to put Alice on the nebulizer. I hate that thing, poor little Sagie!!! Glad Emery doesn't sound like a seal anymore too. We need to play soon too.
Oh sickness blows big time.
I'm sorry.
Can I come stay with you? I am hating life in UT right now.
Can't fing wait for Lost.
Sounds all too familiar! Jackson has the exact same thing as Sage, and I found out at his 9 month appt. Had no idea he was even sick! Then after a week of antibiotics... spots all over him! He's allergic to them, so another DR visit and more meds and stupid breathing treatments- ugh! I feel your pain, and I'm surprise we never ran into each other at the DR's office. I hope they both get well soon, and you get your computer fixed soon too.
Perhaps you could get a nice hookah table to place in your living room so they could have their breathing treatments in style? I seriously saw a link to one on our CL yesterday. Check it out: http://yakima.craigslist.org/fuo/1570494474.html
Alison, you caught me with your post...especially since you're in Vegas with non-winter. :) I'm so sorry that the girls have been sick. We get hit every December and January. It sure makes life sad, doesn't it? Hope everyone gets better soon!
THANK YOU! We have been sick for the entire month of January. We've had colds, pneumonia, allergic reactions, ear aches, belly aches, stomach flu, flu, and puke puke puke. I've been puked on more in the last month than I have ever in the motherhood career. I am DONE with sick.
Totally feel your pain, Sista.
So sorry about all the sickies! That is such a bummer. And doctor visits are the WORST! I am not a big fan of things messing up my days of normalcy. I hope you are feeling better now! So glad to hear everyone is dancing again! (Me and my sisters were the same way when we were little).
Post a Comment