Thursday, February 11, 2010

January Recap

I know we are well into February but with my computer problems and laziness I never got around to posting about our fun times we had in January (the times we weren't sick).

Remember way back when New Year's happened? Well, after a rocking New Years Eve party at our house (one where no pictures were taken, half the people left by 10 and more fell asleep at 11, and I was pulling teeth to keep someone awake long enough to give me a kiss at the stroke of midnight) Brian went to Cali to see the Rose Bowl game along with fellow Duck fans. Luckily, this fun event for the UofO Law boys brought in town the Mann's. Liz and her 2 cute boys stayed with us and while the boys chased after a sneaky scalper we visited the fish and crazy animals at the Bass Pro Shop.
Ben and Em with the giant giraffe. Bass Pro Shop is way better than going to the zoo (at least the zoo in Vegas, I hear that one is worthless).

We celebrated my good friend Sesily's birthday in early January as well. We had a girls night out courtesy of the Palms.
Melissa, me, Sesily, Amy, Adrienne, Kelly

We had a comped meal at posh restaurant Nove.
We just chilled on these couches drinking virgin Passion Fruit Mojito's up at the top of the Palms overlooking the strip. It was super fun but so out of my "mommy" element that I was a bit giddy and silly all night.

The Birthday Girl with the Canoli toppings.

Our baby canoli's didn't tie us over so we headed to Serendipity next.

January also brought Disney on Ice. Emery and I had our own little date along with some friends. Despite the pouring rain, hoards of people (seriously 1 exit to let all those people out had to be against fire code), and late night - we had a blast! It was so fun to watch Emery cheer and in awe over the show. She loved it! Emery and her boyfriend Easton. We love Easton. Emery told me the other day that Adam (next door neighbor friend) told Em he wanted to marry her. She said, "No, I want to marry Easton." But she was distraught because Adam said, "No, you have to marry me." I told her don't worry, you won't have to marry anyone for a long time and no one will make you marry them. Then she said, "Good, then I am going to marry Easton." I told her she better ask Easton because he has to want to marry her too. But I am totally ok with that because we love that boy.

Another thing happened in Jan. Sage all of a sudden turned into a big girl. It hit me when we went to the Burger King play place with some friends and Sage just went in and played up and down that crazy tube structure all by herself. She is growing up so fast and I can't believe she is a full on toddler now, not my little baby.

Ok, that pretty much covers January. Now if I will ever catch up with Feb... Holy Cow, Valentine's Day is almost here.

9 comments:

Lizzy said...

I love that everyone had their cameras out for pictures at the restaurant! It looks like so much fun!

Thanks for letting me and the boys come celebrate New Year's with ya! Even if almost no one make it up past 11!

Christi said...

Sounds like January was fun!!! I loved Disney on Ice, and Reagan might fight for Easton! Serendipity looks so good right now!

Emily said...

How did I never hear about your rockin' girls night? Sounds like a freakin' blast! I hope you're okay with Cafe Rio on your birthday...just kidding. Sort of.

Is Emery sure she wants to marry someone who cried during half of Disney on Ice because he was scared? We love Emmers too so we're cool with that wedding.

Glad your computer is working again!

Lyns said...

Ya. Just a little jealous. Not of Bass Pro Shop or Disney on Ice. I'm all over stuff like that. I'm jealous of your girls night! How FUN!!!!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

well i'm glad someone had a fun january;) i can't remember a single day...except maybe my birthday dinner. which i'm pretending didn't happen (the birthday). you're making vegas look good.

sage is such a big girl! she and haven are going to have so much fun together.

emery and easton sittin in a tree. k...i...s...s...i...n...g.

oh, and when nash said the prayer at dinner tonight he prayed about going to gigi's house this weekend (apparently b&d are taking him and the bulklybunch) and he prayed that emery could go too.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

your girls night looks like so much fun! I am in love with your necklace!

Laurel said...

SERIOUSLY! I think I JUST realized that February is already nearly half-way over. Well, as always it looks like your cute family had loads-o-fun. Cute, cute.

Mary said...

I love Emery's outfit choice for the Mommy date . . . rock on with the girls night. You didn't mention the part where some hot single guys walk up and try to hit on you--you're looking that good!

kat and jason said...

ok...i love to see when people have the same clothes as me. i have your black sequin shirt from h&m...love it. looks like you guys are having fun. that's what i like to see.