Thursday, March 04, 2010

4 Year Old

My little Emer bug is 4! And thank goodness, because we were so over 3 year old drama (plus I told her she has to wipe her own bum when she turns 4).
We started the day off with breakfast in bed. She was so excited that she started coming downstairs while we were making it (at 6:30am) and I told her to go upstairs and she said, "You have to hurry and bring me breakfast!"
Then we got the palace ready to host a party fit for a princess. I remembered why I don't want to do parties every year. But thanks to the best friends a mom could ask for (and thanks to snacks and princess sing-a-long DVD) it turned out to be super fun.
We did make up on all the princesses.
Played pass the frog prince.
Had a Cinderella Freeze Dance.
Played pin the princess in the window.
Ate lots of royal snacks.
Then feasted on Pizza.
Opened present after present. All the kids were so excited about this part. Emery got swarmed and finally said, "Too many presents!"
Finally there was cake.

My friend Sesily and I made the cake and it was my first time playing with fondant. It was so much fun it made me want to take a cake decorating class.
The party was a success. Thanks to my sister for hooking us up with wands and crowns for the princesses and swords and shields for the princes. I think all the kids had fun and I can't wait to not have to do that again for 2 more years.

Oh yeah, I have another girl turning 2 this year. YAY, birthday parties are the best!

12 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

happy birthday, emmers! looks like everything turned out great!

Christi said...

I love that girl!!! I can't believe she is 4. The party was insane, good insane of course. That cake really was amazing. Good Job!

Kara said...

I heard you went ALL OUT and what little I saw I was VERY IMPRESSED with! Holy Moly girl, you are insane! Especially after I know all you went through with Sage that week. Looks like Emery will remember this birthday forever. Nathan loves his sword and shield and I am sure he had a good time too. Thanks for showing us all up and setting the standard high this year for 4-year old birthday parties!

Emily said...

Oh how we love our Emery!!! I'm still so sad we had to miss out, it looks amazing. Your cake looks professional, who needs a class?!

The Farnsworth Family said...

Seriously such a cute mom! Holy party and great job on the cake (and congrats on one less booty to wipe)! Emmery is such a doll.

Chante said...

Happy birthday Emery! Ava was looking at the pics with me and said...oh, I wish I was there! And then she said, where am I? While trying to look at all the girls. A little confused are we? So adorable! And I am so with you on trying to learn how to make awesome cakes...my friend took a cake decorating class and it would be so much fun!!!

bulkleybunch said...

wow. end of comment wow.


okay, a little more, wtc?! i'm too tired to even imagine throwing that party. emmers is a lucky little four year old. let me know how the wiping her own bum works out. we still haven't made it to that step. pretty impressive little partay! i'm just not at the same level as you and miss lizzy. i'll stick to costco or mcdonalds, yes i suck. yes, i know. yes, my sentence structure and all that are messed up. no, i haven't slept in 4 months. the end. xoxo

Beeta said...

Happy Birthday Emery! HOLY COW ALISON! That is the cutest little birthday party I've ever seen. That cake is amazing. You are quite the party planner. Your house looks awesome and HUGE. Can't wait to see it next month.

Beeta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia said...

Wow, dude. You rock! For realsies. :)

Bringhursts said...

Happy Birthday, Emery! I love the looks on the two little boys' faces as they're surrounded by pink and princesses.

Kendee said...

So cute. Best party ever. So many details... I think kid parties are the worst, but yours actually looks fun (and delicious). Good job.