Saturday, August 07, 2010

4th of July Festivities

Update: Got a couple more super cute pics from my SIL that I had to add.

Our fourth of July was pretty fabulous this year. It had all the important elements: Family, Freedom, BBQ, Fireworks, Swimming, and Parades. It was a jam packed weekend and we were lucky enough that Daddy came up to UT to be with us for all the fun.
I got to start off the weekend with a bang - Stadium of FIRE! My sister, Joanna, ended up with extra tickets and invited me and my sister Emily to join her. Little did I know that those tickets were on the FRONT ROW. We also got the special treat of watching my nephew receive his Eagle along with about 200 others at this event.
The main event was the musical guest this year....Carrie Underwood.I always liked her, knew a few of her songs but now I want all her albums and I love her. She is darling, an amazing performer (seriously sounds the same live as she does recorded), her voice is gorgeous and I want her hair and legs. It was so much fun jamming with my sisters and nieces and nephews all on the front row. My sister Amy who wasn't able to go said she watched a recording of the performance on YouTube and saw a bunch of blonde bobbing heads at the front and knew it was us. Thanks to my hubbie for staying with the girls so I could go, and thanks to Jo for inviting me (sorry Paige and Drew that you had to miss it but I am so glad you did).
Then on the actual 4th we had a lot to celebrate. We celebrated my fabulous MIL's birthday and my nephew Dakota's birthday as well as our nations Independence. I didn't pull out the camera until the fireworks that night but here is a recap - Kabobs up the wazoo, yummy yummy cupcakes, girl cousins in matching outfits, Sage got stung by a bee, and we were running from one event to the next.
Then we finally got ready for fireworks. The crowd getting ready.
Sage isn't in any pics because we put her to bed after her sad bee sting and I took my cute neices, Libby and Indie, to join with my family's Parking Lot of Fire (which turned into Park Path of Fire). Path of Fire came complete with the big boys trying to do synchronized fireworks (but really just getting burned), a wave from the drive by fire marshall, stacks and stacks of sparklers that Ben and I couldn't keep up with the demand, and lots of oohs and ahs.
Then we finished off the festivities with the freedom festival parade.
We couldn't have asked for a better holiday weekend.

7 comments:

Christi said...

You didn't tell me you went to that concert?!?! How fun. Sad that Sage got stung by a bee though. I love that first picture of Emery with her cousins.
I love fireworks!

Brianne said...

SOOO jealous that you got to see Carrie Underwood!! I love her!! That must have been awesome! Looks like you guys had a great time, to say the least.

Also, I was wondering how you do the little collages you have on there? I always just have single pics and I'd like to have just a box with a group of pics like you have...teach me!! Please?

Emily said...

Emery is just looking too grown up these days. Tell her to stop it.

Carrie Underwood is the cutest, and that looks like a blast!!!

Cute pics!!!

The Scotts said...

JEALOUS!! I love Carrie Underwood and front row too?!?! Lucky!! I am just sitting here jealous of how green all your pictures are. I think I am ready to move out of the desert! Cute pictures! I love your girls smiles. They are so sweet!!

Kara said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's a month behind in blogging! I'm so jealous that you got to see Carrie Underwood at Stadium of Fire!! That's the perfect combo for the 4th of July, that and cooler weather than here!! I vowed this year not to spend another 4th here in Vegas. I'm either going to UT, CO or CA!! Glad you had such a fun time. Your girls look like they are just in HEAVEN!

Brooke said...

And.. why has it taken this long to see each other's blog? :) I love it! Can't wait to look through everything! Your family is so beautiful, sigh*

bulkleybunch said...

cute pics!! thanks for taking indie and libs. chase is still ticked off he missed out! :) emers is turning into quite the little poser! love it!