Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Labor Day & Back to School

I guess I have to come to terms now that summer is over. Labor day passed so I better put away my white pants and skirts. I figure you can't celebrate Labor Day without a barbeque so we had a few friends over and grilled some burgers.

It was fun to chat with friends, eat and eat while our kids played and husbands watched football.

Our latest addition to the backyard is this little sandbox that I got from a garage sale for $2. Sage's constant digging up dirt and mud in the backyard was my first clue that a sandbox would be much appreciated. It was a hit as you can tell since the kids played how many kids can we fit in the sand box. I guess 6 was the limit because when I came over to take this picture Emery yelled "No, there isn't any more room" to the next approaching kid. She is so good to our guests.

Then it was back to school for Emery. I know you thought she graduated from preschool, but turns out she needs one more year.
She was so excited to go to her new school with her new teacher Ms. Chantelle. I am already super impressed and think this will be a wonderful year.
And we really lucked out that 2 of Emery's best friends are in class with her, Easton and Ella.
So, summer is over and fall is coming (or at least the slightly cooler months that mean fall in Las Vegas may be coming). It even rained today and it was fabulous. Happy Fall!

PS - I just have to record two Sage moments that also happened today. She is really trying harder to talk (even if she sometimes sounds like a deaf person talking, bless her heart). She was just playing by herself today and I listened in as she counted to 14 all by herself. It was so cute and I was impressed that she got that far on her own. Also, she said her first prayer today. She is always quick to fold her arms for prayers but until today refused to repeat or speak when we pray. Today she did with Brian. I need to get these on video because it is so dang cute.

5 comments:

Christi said...

I am so ready for the summer heat to be over! Glad Emery had a good first day of preschool!
And Sage does not sound like a deaf person.
Good score on the sandbox.

Emily said...

I loved the rain yesterday, it was so nice and smelled so good!

I'm getting more excited for pre-school. Pretty much Easton wanted me to get the heck out of there, so...I think he likes it. I'm so grateful Emery is there!!

I still want to swim.

Alicia said...

I miss you and wish with everything I am that we were neighbors.

bulkleybunch said...

oh my cutest emers ever. i love her school pictures. i'm totally smiling right now. the food looked yummy for your bbq now i'm hungry for lunch! love you!

Tara said...

It is kind of sad that summer swimming is over, but man I am ready for some sweet temps!! Emers looks so cute in her backpack. How fun that she goes with E!