Thursday, September 02, 2010

Sleeping Kids

Every night when my hubbie and I finally turn off the TV and are ready to go upstairs to bed we make a stop to see our sleeping kids. No matter how irritated or impatient I may have felt with these little monsters during the day, I feel nothing but love and adoration when I see them innocently sleeping.

It is also super entertaining because you never know what you will find. Sage is usually in crazy positions with half her limbs sticking of the the crib. Emery usually has some strange array of dolls or animals tucked in beside her while she barely hangs on to the edge of the bed. Or she went through a long stage of having books everywhere around her.

So, the other night, we go up and see our sweet sleeping Sage.
And then go to find Emery.....missing.
We looked all over for her. Did she go in our room, under the bed, the guest room? Brian flipped on the lights in our messy playroom and walked on to check other rooms. Then came back to get a closer look.
Cousins were over earlier that night (moving to Las Vegas, woohoo now we have family in town) and they had built a fort that apparently Emery really wanted to sleep in. We were laughing pretty hard. I love that she has a Barbie shoe on her finger.

Then we had to move her because I didn't want to hear cries in the middle of the night when she got stuck in the chair and table. Good thing we check on these crazy sleeping kids each night.

11 comments:

Kara said...

Man, you had me worried there for a second!! That's so funny though! I love the barbie shoe on her finger. How do kids sleep in the craziest places? I wish I could do that.

Christi said...

It really is amazing how sweet they look when they are sleeping!!!!
I love that Emery! That Barbie shoe on her finger is awesome.

Emily said...

That is so cuuuuuuuteeee!!!!!

I'm jealous that your house is big enough to lose kids in...

bulkleybunch said...

they are so sweet. i love emers, she is hilarious!! miss you guys!

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

no WAY!!! How funny that she has the barbie shoe on her little finger. I am laughing out loud right now!!

BTW...amazing stencil work! It looks amazing!

Nicole said...

Haha, that is hilarious! Love the barbie shoe too.

Alicia said...

Oh I am dying!!!
First of all, the shoe kills me! I love that she really wanted to sleep in that cool fort.
Secondly, I feel the same way about sleeping kiddos. No matter how crappy I feel about them, watching them sleep melt me every time. I put Sarah in the crib after Jake is asleep and it is the best part of the day to see both kids happy and sweetly sleeping.

Lizzy said...

That is hilarious! What a little cutie!

Chante said...

That is hilarious.....I would have been freaking out wondering why my kid is not in her bed.....and then to find her with the shoe on her finger, too....love it...love that you documented it with pics!!

Em said...

Love it, I love it, I love it!

Tara said...

LO freaking L. That is hilarious! What is with the shoe on the finger? love it!