One of my favorite parties I got to go to this year was my friend Kelly's fabulous Witches Tea. Seriously, this girl knows how to throw a party. She invites about 30 girlfriends, we all dress up as witches, she feeds us delicious food and we all have a blast. Everything is planned and decorated perfectly, it is a blast to see all our friends dress up from Glinda the good witch to scary green witch to the white witch from Narnia. My friend Brooke took some beautiful pictures so I just have to show you a little of what I am talking about.
The Decor
.jpg)
The Menu
.jpg)
The Witches are in
.jpg)
Me and Ses as witches
.jpg)
Emery also got to dress up for preschool Halloween party. Here is Dora with her awesome Safari teacher Ms. Chantelle.
And with pals Easton the train conductor and Buzz Jaron.
Then we got the whole family dressed up for our ward Trunk or Treat. Can you tell what we are?

If you are like the rest of our ward and need explanation, we have Dora the Explorer, her pal Boots the monkey, Abuela and the Grumpy Old Troll. And for all those who think I am amazing for talking my husband into dressing up as a troll from Dora for Halloween, know this - this was all his idea.

Sage was not a huge fan of the Grumpy Old Troll. Poor girl clung to me the entire night at the ward party.

Then Saturday we had cousins over for a movie night. After the kids were down we watched a scary movie and I still have nightmares (well not really but I tell you scary movies stay with me for too long).
And finally on Halloween we did a little trick or treating around our neighborhood with Nash and Haven. It was so fun (albeit very slow) going around the block with these cute kiddos.

Sage was funny, her hood kept falling off and she was so concerned about it yelling "Hat, Hat, Hat" every time it happened. She was also the slowest and every time I would tell her to get going she would say, "OK, I coming!!" I am sure you have to hear it from her little voice but it was so stinking cute. Nash was so funny saying to every door something like "I love your pumpkin", Emery was telling everyone her life story explaining what she was dressed as and what Sage was and how old they each are. Haven wouldn't let go of her candy bucket for the life of her. It was a super fun night.
Thanks again to Aunt Liz for taking pictures of our family in costume and the kids trick or treating. And now we are done. I think I might try to get around to taking down the cob webs (real and fake) around my house and dispose of the rotting pumpkins that are on my front porch. Hope your Halloween was Happy!
13 comments:
I LOVE IT!!! Super cute costumes. You always come up with something clever!!
Ummm... The grumpy old troll might be the best thing I've EVER seen.
Seriously.
Oh my gosh! Alison I love your costumes! Best costumes ever.
Super cute as always! That witches tea party thing looks pretty cool...how fun to go to a grown up halloween party! I love that Sesily has a huge bow even on her witch hat. Bless her.
Great job as always with a family themed costume! I love Sage's reaction to the grumpy old troll- poor girl! She's probably having nightmares too still! I love that Emery had to tell everyone what she was and explain the whole costume.
I was thinking the same thing Em said- I love how you and Sesily are like the prettiest, most fashionable witches I've ever seen- hat flowers and all!
so much fun. i'm still jealous about the witches tea.
and i'm so sad it's all over... :(
Cannot stop laughing over Dora's wig. That is the best! I love the costumes.
The witches tea sounds like so much fun. What a good idea! Looks like she went all out. How fun!
So, Briant happened to be standing here when I checked your blog and we both busted out laughing when we saw "dora"! The wig and outfit is hilarious yet perfect! Wait to go Emery! (and the rest of you, of course! You all look so great! Love the grumpy old troll....)
this is soooo super funny!! i love that brian is the grumpy old troll. everyone looks so good. i'm sad we missed the cousin festivites. we love youuuuu!!!!
That party looks awesome!!! I always love your costumes, and this year was no different. Brian's is awesome.
Where in the world did you get those costumes? I keep showing people pictures of my creative family and that's the first thing they ask. I love it. That's awesome it was Brian's idea (is that really true?). I cannot believe your witches party. That makes me tired just looking at it, but it looks super fun and amazing. Love your little (growing) family! Miss you guys!
PS I forgot to tell you how cute Emers and Sage look. Emery looks perfect and Brecken would have loved to see another monkey friend. The pictures are awesome!
#1 - Your family theme costume is making me jealous. My "theme" fell apart at the end and never happened. There is always next year. Yours was awesome.
#2 - I dream of being invited to a fabulous witch party like that someday. How creative, fun and beautifully executed!
#3 - Miss you.
Post a Comment