The weekend before Christmas my mom and Steve came for a quick visit. This was their one Christmas trip since they boycotted snow and UT this year and we were lucky enough to be close enough for them to come to us. Plus, they wanted to see Emery's little show performance. We were able to fit in some of my favorite Christmas time activities, such as:
Visiting Santa at Bass Pro Shop. Seriously, where else can you go and play on quads while you wait in the short line for a real bearded Santa, get a free picture, then get to play with guns and other fun Bass Pro toys then make a reindeer ornament? It's the best.
Sage was pretty unsure about Santa, again. I tried the bribe "You get a candy cane if you sit on his lap and smile." She wasn't buying it and shouting, "No want candy cane." Then I told her he is so nice and you can tell him what you want for Christmas. Like you can tell him you want a rocking horse. She bought that and her reluctant smile was my favorite. Too bad the pictures I got weren't as awesome as the one they got, but you get the picture.
We also lucked out and caught the mermaid swimming at the Silverton (something we have tried to catch on several other occasions but always got the time wrong). I am pretty sure the girls were more excited about the mermaid than Santa.
We also made it to the Bellagio Conservatory. I am always amazed at what they do to that place each season.
That place is pretty much the only reason I ever go to the strip. And it was a perfect day with it not being too crowded and Em and Sage were happy to run around and see all the flowers and polar bears and penguins, oh my.
Finally it was time for Emery's Show. All season long I called it her dance class but as you can see from the show it is more of a performing arts class. I am sure she worked on some basic dance stuff, but we have learned that dance may not be Emery's forte and this singing and performing class was much more up her ally.
First she dazzled us with a solo singing Sleeping Beauty's "Once Upon a Dream"
Please excuse the last seconds that were cut off, my fault for never deleting anything from our camera and thus ran out of memory. Just imagine the most glorious ending. Emery really stole the show, imo.
We also got to see a stirring performance of Pussy Cat Pussy Cat, Where Have You Been?
And finally 3 Blind Mice.
As you can see it was a show totally worth driving 6 hours for. Thanks Mom and Steve for coming to visit. We had such a good time!
10 comments:
I have the cutest family ever.
She's so good, Alison!!! Adorable girls. :)
Oh my gosh, a SOLO?!! What a cute girl! I love it and I love the pictures on Santa's lap and the one of both girls at the Bellagio. Nice work. And Happy New Year
I LOVE it. I can't believe that Emery did the whole song. I love it when she hit the high notes!!!
Love all the other pictures too!!!
I'm pretty much ticked that I wasn't invited to that show.
emers is the best. i miss her so much!! yes, BA, you do have the cutest family ever. i love the pic of the girls at the bellagio, so pretty. love you!!!
Cutest thing ever..I love her singing. Miss you guys!
LOVE it!! And you are looking so cute!!!!
emery stole the show! way to go emmer-bug!!!
were there only three kids in the class?
That song was soooo sweet! I loved it! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment