Sunday, January 30, 2011

January, please end

It is official - we hate January. Last January was horrible with sick kids and this January has been the same. Seriously, the nursery and primary teachers are calling concerned that my children are inactive since they have been to church 1 time this month. Emery went through 4 sicknesses in a week (throwing up, croup, bad sinus cold, and finally an ear infection). Sage got back on the nebulizer, Brian thinks he may die and I feel like my head might explode.

And the saddest part is the weather has been fabulous and we haven't had a chance to enjoy it. Every time we dare venture out to the park with friends I end up having to take my kids away because they start coughing or falling asleep on the floor sick. So, please...PLEASE January be over and let us be done with being sick.

So, what have we been doing while couped up in our house with our butts glued to the couch?

We have watched Megamind at least 7 times this week. Despicable Me 3 times. Mama Mia, How to train your dragon, Up, Care Bears and probably a thousand Dora and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episodes.

On the rare occasion that we actually force the kids to turn the TV off the girls find all sorts of fun - like dress up.

Or like last night when the parents were both dying on the couch and unable to entertain the kids for those wretched last 30 min before bed time - we turned to good ol' Michael Jackson and made them dance for us.


Oh, and there is also the excitement of Emery having her other bottom tooth (which was loose and needed to come out) get knocked out by her little sister. The tooth fairy makes for a great distraction and almost like we actually did something fun yesterday.So, farewell January. May we leave our illness with you and have a lovely February.

Note: Pictures courtesy of Brian's cell phone while he watched the girls in his sickly state while I was gone half the day. Thanks babe, you're a trooper.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I love her missing teeth!!

You know I'm with you on this...let's hope February still has awesome weather but no sickness!

Christi said...

I can't believe she lost both of them.
I agree no more sickness. I think that is the longest I have gone without seeing you guys.

bulkleybunch said...

ugh. sick sucks. i'm sorry. at least you had january in vegas, not here. tomorrow it's supposed to be 0 freaking degrees. kill me. love you. get better!!!!!

Beeta said...

It is FREEZING in Utah. Seriously, colder than I can remember! We might be coming to Vegas this week. I will let you know if we do. I love their dancing and dress-ups. They're so cute, even when they're sick. I hope you guys feel better soon! Brecken started the coughing bit yesterday. Yuck!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

she lost another tooth?!? i didn't even notice today. that's crazy! great dancing, too.

just a reminder, beeta, we live here too ;) hol didn't even come say hi to us last time and everyone thinks that ba's house is better than ours. i don't know why.

Mary said...

Hey Alison! Fun to catch up! Love your Christmas card (not kidding in the least--since impersonation is the best flattery, you won't mind if I try next year, if we ever do one that is)!

Bummer on sick people. What is the deal down there? And that E is proving to be a real performer--loved her perfect Suzy Snowflake performance and Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat and . . . I'd say the lessons are paying off!