Brian's Birthday. I am pretty sure Emery was the most excited for this day. The night before she could hardly sleep. She got up super early to help me make breakfast in bed.
Then we had cake that night. Not the most eventful birthday but the girls had fun picking out presents and singing to dad. Emery kept saying "We love Dad so much, even though he goes to work all day." Then she learned we are lucky he goes to work all day to help us have a house and clothes and food. Yeah, he is pretty much our hero.
We had some fun Valentine activities as well. Emery had her school party and Sage went to a playgroup party. She was pretty fond of all the chocolate. That's my girl.
Our actual Valentine's Day was pretty low key. But what more can you ask for than just hanging out with the ones you love most? We gave the girls new skirts and fuzzy socks that they immediately put on together.
The girls wanted to surprise Daddy with a special Valentine surprise so they set up a cake made of blocks in our bedroom (on top of the laundry basket since it was also laundry day) with chairs and plates and a mystery guest (a babydoll). And I actually took a picture (with my new Valentine surprise, a new phone, I feel pretty fancy).

But the main reason I have been MIA in the last little while is that I helped plan/put on a huge youth Valentine Party, a baby shower, New Beginnings for YW and I decided to paint a bathroom. (I wish I had pictures because the shower was adorable and I attempted my first time making fancy sugar cookies with royal icing, the youth party was fun and if you could have seen this prego woman dance you would be peeing your pants like I almost did, and the bathroom after shots just won't be the same without the before.)
All events and the bathroom turned out to be a success and now I just want to sit on my couch for a day or two. Maybe let my kids build more forts and watch TV.
8 comments:
Ah man I'm so sorry you're sick. That's just not cool at all. I can't wait to see your bathroom!
Feel better soon, and bring those kids over any time!
how are you still alive? i'm pretty sure when i'm pregnant (and when i'm not, lets be honest here), if i get 1 thing done a day, i'm feeling pretty good about myself. so way to go, you are a superstar.
ps. how are you liking your new phone?! i got one too, and i love it. i'm pretty sure i have had a used phone for the past 7 years.
Seriously after all this you should get to be healthy for a long long time!!!! I want to see the bathroom too. Bring the girls over here too if it gets too bad.
You have been busy! Hope you start feeling better. Maybe in March sometime??
I love the picture of Sage in all her necklaces. So cute.
And I have to disagree about the bathroom pictures. I think they would be fun even without the before...
That picture of Sage looks so much like you! I had to double take it!!! Wow!!
So sorry you feel crummy. I can't believe you did all that. You have been BUSY! Watch a lot of tv and lay down. Those girls look super cute in their fort.
I can't believe you're still sick!! I hope you get over it soon! Sounds like you don't have time to be sick anymore. I want to see pictures of your sugar cookies with Royal icing, I've been wanting to try that one of these days. What bathroom did you paint? Sounds like you're pretty motivated, even though you're sick. I can't get over how big and grown-up Sage is looking. What the heck?
Very cute. I still want to see pics of your bathroom even though there are no before pics....and I know you feel crummy pregnant and all, but I want to see some prego pics! Come on, stand in front of the mirror and take a few.....j/k I know, I don't blame you....you are nearing the end!!!
so glad you're all still alive. love your posts. if you have no motivation to update, do it for me! i miss you all so much. love you.
Post a Comment