Thursday, November 17, 2005

Hawaii here I come....

So, I am going to Hawaii in two days for the very first time and I can't contain the excitement! The problem is when I get this excited about something I will inevitably be disappointed. I am sure it is hard to be disappointed with sunshine and beaches, especially when all you see is gray clouds and bitter cold rain each day. But I am a little nervous because I am going with the in-law family. Don't get me wrong, I love them and they are always, usually fun - but during each family vacation there is always some major blow out. This usually involves cussing like a sailor, endless uncomfortable silence, and the feeling that no one could ever recover from this one. I, being the anti-confrontational person that I am, get a little/lot uncomfortable and start to cry (particularly in my current state, I cry about everything).

Finally, the last issue of my complaining about a fantastic free vacation (I am pathetic), is that I don't fit into any cute clothes and I have two gorgeous, skinny, fashionable sister-in-laws, while I look like I swallowed a watermelon and just got the chicken pocks on my face. Let me tell you, I can't wait to get into a motherly swimsuit and try to cover the hail damage that has appeared on the back of my legs.

Ah, but there will be sunshine and no work. I think I will manage. Miss me lots!!

5 comments:

Sammy Pow said...

I'm going to tell my mom about your blog, that'll lead to the first Anderson melt down. WAHOO! Holla!

Kris said...

Somehow, despite the watermellon and the leg pox, I still don't feel sorry for you. K-$'s family used to go to Hawaii...until I became part of the family. Now they don't go anymore. Well, the parent's go, but they don't take the kids. Total injustice.

Lizzy said...

Yeah, I'm just not feeling sorry for you. Jealous? Perhaps. Sorry? Nope.

Have a fun trip! And your belly is so stinking cute I don't even want to hear about it!!

Alifinale said...

You guys are nice, except ba (the only good thing is that his family believes me over him). But until you are in my state you just don't understand. Thanks anyway!

melbo said...

I hope you had fun and that the sun made your crazy rash go away! While I was reading, I thought you must not be too worried the in-laws will visit The Blog. I sure hope not, anyway, because I want to hear about the juicy drama!