Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Another Season Finale


So, I watched the end of the 24 season finale and it made me wonder, how many power packed days can a person have? For those who live in a cave and do not know what 24 is all about, I will give a crude summary. It takes place in real time so each hour long episode is one hour in real life (well, real life of this crazy tv show). Each season is one day, 24 shows. I don't know about you, but if my life were taped each hour at a time to make a show, it would be one boring show. There would be 8 episodes in a row of just me sleeping and at least 3 or 4 of watching TV. Obviously, no one would want to make a show of that. But still, they find the most exciting day in the world, saving the world from terrorists, exploiting the President for all his corruption, yada yada yada... don't you think these people have to eat and sleep at some point? What about going to the bathroom? They don't even show them ever taking a drink of water, a person has to have water to live! And I thought maybe in between seasons they would let poor Jack Bauer have a break, maybe he could sleep, eat, go to the bathroom, but NO - the season ended with him being taken by some Chinese terrorists! He is in for another suspense packed day and I tell you the man won't be able to fight all the bad guys very well if he doesn't get some rest!!!

8 comments:

Tara said...

That is hilarious. I have never watched 24, but I'm pretty sure my life episodes would be just like yours. There'd be whole episodes where I'm just reading a book or something.

So does the guy ever eat? It seems like a whole episode could be just him hanging out at a restaurant and eating.

Sammy Pow said...

I think an episode of my life would be sweet, at least 8 hours of it would be watching tv... I can imagine the camera man panning off me for a second to film the show I was watching and I'd be like, "yo, bitch, this show is about me, not Scrubs or SportsCenter so keep that damn thing pointed at me!"

Lizzy said...

No Desperate recap? I actually watched the finale and I was kinda hoping for a blog about it.

I don't watch 24 but it sounds like Jack (is that his name?) has a crappy life. Who in their right mind wants to be running around all day shooting things when they can be sitting down surfing the internet? No one! That's who!

Kris said...

Maybe he pees during the commercial breaks?

Alifinale said...

Sorry Liz. I was pretty busy on Monday and then by Tuesday DH was out of my mind. The finale was kind of weird. I don't get why the dentist guy would want to run over Mike and then try to date Bree. At first I thought it was because he like Susan, but then he goes over to Bree's house? Very strange. And the black kid dying was weird and kind of crazy that Lynette got over the whole thing with Tom so quickly. I hate the crazy affair lady. Anyway, I don't know about Desperate Housewives, next season could be in big trouble.

Tara said...

I agree. I missed a few episodes on accident, and then I realized I didn't care what I missed. That's when I knew I was done with that show!

That said, who is Carlos cheating with?

Lizzy said...

He's cheating with the maid who is having their baby.

Marc said...

Don't worry Ali... Keifer Sutherland signed on to do another three seasons... plus they're making a movie too. They'll have plenty time to play this all out.