Friday, May 12, 2006

New Found Respect For Martha


I have found a new respect for Martha Stewart. I used to think she was kind of annoying and couldn't stand the way she talks. I know she may have done a pretty rotton thing, with the insider trading and whatnot. But lets put that behind us and appreciate the new Martha.

She is classy. The Donald ripped on her and she just shrugged it off and even when people egged her on to say crap about him, she didn't.

She is crafty. I know this is obvious, but some of the great things she comes up with are so simple and fun and cute and that's a good thing.

She makes homemaking fun. She makes it a priority to make your home beautiful and to enjoy it.

She has bounced back really well after being in prison. She is open about her time spent there and doesn't try to pretend it didn't happen.

She listens to Eminem. I thought this was so funny! But I guess when the show goes to commercial they have Eminem playing and she sings along. (this was revealed on her show yesterday when Jamie Presley laughed about it when the show came back from the commercial)

She teaches good skills. She is a funny teacher too because she is such a perfectionist, but she makes it all seem so interesting and fun.


The list goes on and on. I may never be able to make my own decorative lamp shades, or make that cute hummingbird cake, or make my own topiary - but I will try and Martha is there to show me how. I am glad that I have a standing lunch date with Martha.

3 comments:

Sammy Pow said...

Well mark that as 1 reason it is okay to not be living with you for now. lysm.

Alifinale said...

Fine then, you can't have any of the grilled beef rolls with scallion soy dipping sauce that I will attempt to make someday.

Marc said...

I've always felt for her because the SEC and the Justice Deptartment threw her under the bus.