Thursday, August 10, 2006

Counting Down

Just 3 more sleeps (as the mom that watches my kid says) until our little family will be reunited. I am so excited that I can hardly stand it. But I am also just a little but nervous. Sadly enough I have kind of gotton used to living on my own. It has its perks. Like having the bed to yourself (as Gargantus kindly noted). Or not having to watch sports. Or not having to close the cupboards behind him or pick up his trash. Eating cereal for dinner. Watching endless episodes of Gilmore Girls and Felicity. It may be hard learning to live with a man again, but I want to focus on the things I am so excited for.

1. The Reunion. I won't go into gory details, but my other points don't have much to do with this so I just want to make it evident that I am excited to BE with my husband again.

2. Girls nights out. I can go to girls nights out, by myself! Not that I don't love my little girl, and not that she is hard to take places. It will just be nice to leave her at home with Daddy.

3. Having my best friend back. It has been extremely lonely and there just isn't a substitute.

4. The Dog. Rusty needs his daddy and he needs to leave me alone. Love him and all, but I have come very close to giving him Shaken Dog Syndrome.

5. Running errands. I can run into a store without lugging the carseat and whatnot. May seem small, but it begins to be huge when you have put off certain errands for months.

6. Taking care of the house and lawn. I have really fallen behind on all this housework. I told the hubs that our house is just too crappy to live in by myself. I can't deal with all the quirky stupid things about it without him.

7. Diaper changes and all else involved in taking care of a child. There is a reason why it takes two to make these children. Taking turns on poopy diapers is the best.

8. Admiring our child. I think she is the cutest thing on the planet and no matter how cute your friends think she is, it just isn't the same. I can't wait to have someone with me to oagle at every little smile or laugh she gives.

9. Laundry. Yes girls, my husband is better at doing laundry than I am. He is the only one who remembers to switch the load. He might be proud of me though becuase I have improved by default.

10. Not being the 3rd wheel anymore. I can actually hang out with my friends without feeling like I am interupting their time with their hubbie. Now I can stick my husband with theirs and all is well.

The list can go on and on, but I thought I would round it off at ten. Happy Day! Sunday is almost here!

11 comments:

Sammy Pow said...

You forgot a few important ones (these are written from Ali's perspective):

11) Getting my husband a Diet Pepsi while he is watching the game/tournament/porno etc.

12) Having someone to talk to about my bowel movements should they ever occur.

13) Having someone to help me decide what clothes to wear, even though no matter what I put on he says, "yeah, looks great, let's go" without even looking.

Alifinale said...

Porno, BA? Lets not go too far. And don't act like you don't ask for my opinion as well on what to wear. But other than that, good add ons

s.lloyd said...

Interesting, I heard that the sexline called you (Ali) to renew his subscription.....

I am so disgusted with his chauvanistic posts here, he needs to be more respectful to you Ali (these are just quotes that I had to listen to while he was with me and my wife).

Tara said...

Wait, what do you mean by "BE" with your husband?? You're not talking about sexual intercourse are you? EW!

Jill said...

Did the triple X sexline call you too Ali?? That is funny because it has called me a couple times to renew my subscription as well! I wonder how they got our numbers? I will be the first to admit though, that recorded voice is really really hot.

King Family said...

The craziest thing I noticed after not seeing my husband for 3 months was that I forgot what he looked like...kind of.... weird I know but you will know what I mean...

Alifinale said...

TFB - You are right, he can be pretty chauvanistic. As he would say, "You knew what I was when you picked me up". He just has to kiss my butt double time when he is publicly rude.

Tara - BE can mean several things. But mostly Sex.

Billie - yeah, I got a call from triple X. I was so hurt and shocked and confused. But not really.

Blonde - I hope I recognize him. Otherwise I could be doing a stranger on Sunday night. Yikes!

Jill said...

By "doing" you mean just gazing into your loved ones eyes and sharing your feelings right??

Alifinale said...

Exactly. What did you have in mind?

Sammy Pow said...

This blog is PG-13, at least, more like TVMA, well actually PG-13s get away with more, so back to PG-13. I'm shocked.

Alifinale said...

Nice thinking out loud on the ratings. You kind of lost me there.