Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Get LOST tonight


One of my all time favorite shows is returning tonight. Dare I get excited for this season premiere? I don't know if it is just me or if TV has really been letting everyone down a little this year, but I am hesistant to get as excited as I normally would be for my favorite show. Needless to say, there has been a lot of media hype for this season's premiere, so the producers know they have a lot to live up to. Will they answer any of our pressing questions that last season left behind?

And I have one final bone to pick. I feel a bit jipped as a loyal fan of LOST by the recap shows. That just isn't fair! I have been watching this show from day one. Never missed an episode (Pathetic, you betcha). I have sat through the good, the bad, and the ugly and now any Joe off the street can catch right up on the show after watching one stupid recap. It makes me mad, who are they to get what is going on, they haven't even watched the show. And for those of us that have been faithful watchers,those recap shows are painful to watch.

So, tonight could be a bittersweet reunion, but you know where I'll be at 9pm this evening.

10 comments:

Alifinale said...

Nice how the only comment on my blog is by stupid anonymous spam boy! I've got great friends!

Sammy Pow said...

I'm pretty sure that all of the questions will be answered. They'll probably get saved to and the show will just end. Wouldn't that just blow your mind? Did I just blow your mind? Is anybody listening to me?

Anonymous said...

So my husband and I spent the last month or so watching the entirety of Lost, Season 1 and Season 2, thanks to Netflix. Phew! Many late nights. Anyway, we may have been late starters, but we felt we should catch up the honorable way. We're officially now addicted.

I have to say, however, after watching last night's premiere, we were both a little disappointed. I know the show is all about creating mystery and intrigue and bringing up new twists, but I don't feel like any questions got answered. One or two answers would have been nice, but no. Instead we just have Jack in an abandoned aquarium and Sawyer in an old circus bear cage and Kate dining on the beach in a sundress?! Hopefully next week provides a few more answers. Keep the mystery going, sure, but a few answers keep things tantilizing. Zero answers just makes it frustrating.

Alifinale said...

Welcome Buddens. glad to see a true fan and that you caught up the honorable way.

I have to say that I agree with you. Although I enjoyed the episode and was excited the show was on, it felt more like a filler episode rather than a season premiere. I mean, no reference to any other characters and no attempt to answer any questions? That just makes for a frustrated night! But I thought it was very interesting to see where the Others live.

Tara said...

Well I don't watch lost. I just wanted to comment so that you would know I was your friend.

Lizzy said...

I thought it was a good episode. I'm not a die hard fan (I'm speaking of the expression not the movie. That I am a fan of), but I thought it was entertaining. I can't decide if this new Julianne girl is fake or not. She seemed nice enough. But maybe I'm just a sucker for a free meal? If I was Jake I would have taken that grilled cheese and ran with it. He's a fool. A damn fool.

Kris said...

Hubs and I also did it the honorable way. We rented Season 1 and then downloaded Season 2 off the internet and watched it illegally before it came out on DVD. So of course we became totally hooked. LOST is one of the best shows to watch on dvd because you don't have to deal with commercials and when one episode ends you can put in another one and hope for answers.
I think we did learn that the Others are left-overs from the Dharma Initiative. And we learned that they have a whole compound (that looks like a suburb in San Diego) and that they somehow control an acquarium and a zoo. And we learned that Henry Gale's name is Ben. And that the book that they were reading in book club was a Stephen King book. And we learned that Jack's wife is happy. (Did anyone else think that was pouring salt on Jack's wounds? I mean, not only did his wife leave him for another man, and he's chained up in an acquarium on an island full of loons, but he has to hear that his wife is happy. Yeah sure, he is supposed to be getting over it, but still, I would've liked to hear that she at least was a little miserable trying to get over the loss of me). Small potatos, I guess. But that's the thing about LOST. There are so many huge unanswered potatos, that sometimes you just have to concentrate on the tater tots.
(I'm pretty sure I blew your mind with that thought. Eat your heart out BA).

Kris said...

By loss of me, I meant the loss of Jack. Sometimes I get Jack and myself mixed up.
Don't judge. You know you do it too.

Alifinale said...

No explanation needed, MS, I got what you said. And thank you for pointing out the tater tots. It is true, there were some things that were sort of answered, but really they only brought up more questions. Like what the freak do they plan to do with our friends? Why do they remain on the island? They don't seem to be stuck there, with all the provisions they have and whatnot. So, what is the deal? Do they just enjoy killing and torturing people? Psycho!

Thanks Tara for being my friend. And Lizzy, you don't have to be a die hard Lost fan to comment on my blog. And you are so right about the grilled cheese, even if it was slightly overcooked.

Marc said...

Question is... do they REALLY know all that stuff about Jack? Or did they weasel it out of him when he was incapacitated? The way his interrogator/caretaker was thanked for subdueing Jack at the end of the episode made me wonder.