I just can't wait. I just can't wait "til election day. I know, words you never thought I would utter. Why am I so excited for election day when politics far from excite me. In fact, other than being a responsible American and believing it is important to vote, yadayadayada... I could care less about politics. The reason for my exitement is I can't wait for the stupid political commercials to be over. I don't care to see Jim Torrey talk about how much he loves kids, or Peter Defazio try to act like ohe wants to really turn things around in Washington (hasn't he been our Congressman for several years and now he wants to turn things around?) I am tired of seeing conflicting commercials one after another on Measure 48. The constant bickering between Kulongoski and Saxton brings a spirit of contention that I do not welcome in my home.
Now, you out of towners, fill in your own local candidates and you can feel my pain. Granted, with the election commercials I haven't had to suffer through a zillion Keifer Kia commercials, but that doesn't make up for seeing Defazio's ugly face. So, cast your vote people and may election day come ASAP.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Jim Torrey thinks outside of the partisan box.
I can't believe you didn't mention Jim Feldcamp's ad about how Defazio lives the life of the rich and famous, that's a good one.
Suffer through Keifer Kia commercials? What are you talking about, those are the best commercials on air! Have you seen the new halloween one with the Keifer girl's sexy witch costume? I gotta get a wand like hers. Then I could cast spells over all car buyers and Eugene would be mine!
Ok, Keifer Kia is funny in small doses. I love how the girl is so sexy! But when you watch as much TV as I do, the constant "NO Body Beats a Keifer Kia Deal" gets to you. So does "Check into Cash" with the hand gesture making a check mark. I just can't handle it sometimes!
Lizzy, you could be scary with that wand.
BA, you are right, Feldcamp's Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous is a good one. Unbelievable that he got the guy who does the voice for that show to do his ad.
The beauty of DVR... you get to forward through it all.
Hear, hear Mrs. McDreamy! I'm generally more conservative than liberal but I want to punch people in the face on both sides of the aisle right now. They're all a bunch of douche bags if you ask me.
We've got some no-namer Republican going up against our female Democrat governor. I like our governor, and I think most of the people here prefer her over a lot of the super right-wing conservative Republican candidates that are going against her. Plus, her opposer's ads bite the big one. He looks like a Chester Molester. That look doesn't win you any elections.
NO it certainly doesn't. And when your voice is really annoying and your ads are too annoying, I won't vote for you, just because I don't want to hear or see you again. Politicians just don't get it.
Yeah, so SUCK IT John Kerry! Even though I tried to convince her that you were the lesser of 2 evils, she couldn't stand you or your ass-face!
I try to pay attention to the big races but when it comes to lame crap like city council I pick by thinking of who's sign I have seen the least of, I like to go for the underdog. It is fun to do that because when you see the election results and the person you voted for only had 33 votes you know that your vote was #33. It's exciting.
That is exciting. It feels nice to be numbered, to know your vote was counted - even though it didn't win the race. I am just glad that despite I married a political science major, I don't have to be a politicians wife. That would suck wearing pearls all the time.
I just can't wait until you update your blog again.
I know, I need to. I just haven't had the time. Real work is for suckers! I hope to be back to blogging soon enough!
i seriously have been missing your t.v. recaps.
Post a Comment