Friday, October 13, 2006

Time after Time

I know many do not care about my TV recaps, but as I haven't the mind to blog about anything else, and the fact that there is a part of me that is OCD and can't break tradition...here is your weekly recap of must see tv.

By far the best part of last night TV was Randy holding his boom box listening to Time After Time. I love it! Although the episode didn't have enough Joy, IMO, it still turned out to be a great episode. Who can't relate to heart break and pretending to be someone you're not to impress someone? I mean, my husband didn't believe I had a butthole until we got married (BA, don't find this as an opportunity to discuss the rude awakening it was to discover that girls do, in fact, have buttholes). Plus, I loved when the girl (with holes in her face) said that she didn't want to end up like that cat lady and Randy said, you won't because your alive enough to wake up when something pees on you. Freaking Cats.

Then on the Office, I just have to say I was pissed that Pam's ex-fiance is suddenly trying to be a cool guy. I mean he is sucks and we don't like him. And Jim is cute flirting with the new girl, but it still breaks my heart because I am holding out for Pam. BTW, has anyone even heard of "Hers" chips? Is that an east coast thing? Am I missing out on some great snack food? Finally, how great was that when Dwight tried to shove the bird into the soda can? Michael was a bit wishy washy this episode for me. I couldn't tell for most of the episode if he was sincere or just being Michael. I mean at the beginning he was being true Michael, but then he wigged out and was crying at the bird funeral. It was a bit much. I loved Pam's service though and the coffin she made for the bird. She's the best.

And finally for Grey's anatomy. Merideth on morphine was just gay (ok it had some funny parts, too. Like the whole part where she talked about how she was the adulterous whore). I am so sure that she and Dr. SheShepard became best friends in a minute. Also, I was a little disappointed that Finn, who was always this good guy, said the whole "I won't be there when he hurts you again" Not to say that he was wrong in saying that, it is just that it was inconsistent from the way he had been acting up to that point. I just don't know what to think about the fact that Merideth now chooses Derek after he rejected her, again. She is stupid. On to better things, What the freak about Callie having McSteamy go to her room. A) why is he interested in her and B) how did she get that mad at George all of a sudden, did I miss something? (I admit, I was flipping back and forth between CSI) Moving on, holy crap about Izzy!! Over 8 million dollars? That should clear up her woes pretty darn quick!

Anyway, I will wrap it up, lets hear from you, I know there are some some loyal tvheads out there!

12 comments:

Sammy Pow said...

So, luckily I pissed you off enough last night that you were so mad you didn't want to force me to watch Gay's Anatomy. That CSI was the most violent thing I've ever seen on TV, and K-Fed, man things couldn't have been better.

Marc said...

What?! NOT A WORD ABOUT THE ONSET GREY'S ANATOMY FIGHT?!!!

King Family said...

I love your recaps. I only watch The Office but my new favorite thing to do is to just watch Dwight. He is always doing something hilarious. Last night was the best for watching him. I feel bad about Jim and the "other girl"....it seems too quick for him to recover from Pam. "On the Wings of Love" performed by Dwight and Pam made my night.
BTW Girls don't have buttholes? I am confused.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recap on Izzy and the 8 million. I think I need to reset my DVR settings, but it cut out at the very end, so I didn't know what she was to find. See, your recaps are not just interesting, but useful!

Alifinale said...

So glad to hear that others are benefitting from my ramblings. "On the wings of Love" was fantastic. I am sorry I couldn't remember the song title.

Kris said...

Here's how I feel about Grey's up to this point. I feel dirty. I hated the season opener, thought the second episode was good, and thought this last episode was ridiculous. Especially the Callie/McSteamy part. He changes hospitals and quits his NY practice to be with Addison and he's going to band Amazon? I don't buy it. And Callie is really going to give up on George for McSteamy? He's too hot for her. And I kind of want him to turn into a good guy and be with Addison. There are just times when you know that Grey's is a night-time soap opera and you're slightly trashier for being addicted to it. The last episode was one of those moments for me. But of course, I have an addiction, so I will be watching ABC on Thursday night. And Wednesday night. How come you didn't recap LOST?

Alifinale said...

I feel the same way about feeling slightly trashier for watching the show. I was actually going to dedicate a whole blog to the fact because of DH last night. I mean comas and memory loss. What is the deal, not that I expected much better from the show. It is a sad addiction that I have chosen not to stop, just yet.

Sorry about not recapping Lost. That show packs so much that sometimes it seems too much of a chore to attempt to address all the questions and junk that goes on. I will try to not let you down this week.

Maui said...

Randy was pretty sweet with the boom box, time after time, and under pressure were neck and neck for the music on my UP2 part. In the end under pressure won out, but I'll always have a soft spot for time after time.

Marc said...

I'm sooooo disappointed. Still no word on Grey's onset fight.

Alifinale said...

I am sorry, Marc. I live in the TV world and since it didn't happen on-air, it is often forgotton. It sounded like Washington was being such a baby and I like to think he is a stud, so I kind of wanted to ignore that fight. I think it would be hard to work so closely with all these egos and Demsey certainly has a big one!

Marc said...

But he certainly is yummy, right?

Alifinale said...

Marc... you scare me sometimes.