We finally entered the glorious world of cable and DVR. And my life will never be the same. Except I haven't been able to fully enjoy it since, well we are still on Summer TV and lets just admit it...Summer TV is sucks (that's for you Kendee). Sure I get 100 channels now, but I am still pretty hooked on network TV (since that is all my bunny ears brought me these last 3 years). Obviously, I am taking advantage of Food Network, HGTV, TLC, Comedy Central, ect. during the day but when it comes to Primetime...I am missing my shows and I can't wait for them to come back. The best part is I don't have to be a total loser staying at home waiting for my shows - turning down one party invitation after another in order to stay at home to watch them, fearing my VCR wouldn't record them properly - because of this really cool thing called DVR, I don't know if you've heard of it.
Ok, so after many tears (and I am not exaggerating), I have accepted that my beloved Gilmore Girls will not be returning this fall (even though I think they should give us the decency of coming back for a better series finale). But as you can see by my poll, there are many other show that I am excited for their return. BTW, if you make fun of my addiction to TV you will no longer be welcome at my blog. There are a few new shows that I think look interesting, but few have really gotten my full attention yet. We shall wait and see, as so many of the best shows get cancelled so I can't get too attached.
But here are a couple new shows that I am anxious to see if they live up to their hype:
Gossip Girl on CW
Hey, its from the creators of the OC so I will probably be hooked for at least 2 seasons.
Journeyman on NBC
Really could go either way...
Cavemen on ABC
The commercials are hilarious, lets see if they can last a full show.
Private Practice on ABC
I was skeptical about this show being a spinoff...but well Grey's is getting on my nerves so maybe I will need this show.
So, what show are you going to DVR this season?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
25 comments:
I must admit, I am totally a TV-aholic and am respectively addicted to numerous "teen soap operas," namely Smallville and One Tree Hill. Which means I'll probably love Gossip Girl because the "loose" soccer player from Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is on it. What IS wrong with me? Even better, it's not just me... Jason likes them just as much as I do! To add to your list of repeats, can't wait for CSI either. Sarah Sidle is TOTALLY still alive.
I'm excited for fall tv too. I absolutely hate summer tv more than anything...although partly in thanks to you I discovered So You Think You Can Dance, so there's one show summer has going for it.
Anyway, I haven't heard of gossip girl, I think I'll take a look at journey man, but really, I just can't wait for Lost, 24, and the Office. It's going to be a great fall!!!
I'm still mourning GG too...so sad. I guess it ended at a good time, we wouldn't be able to all get together and go to Ilene's to watch it anyway...it might not be the same.
did you really just refer to dishnetwork as cable? alison....tisk. we got set up (with dvr, of course) a few weeks ago. LOVE IT!!! we are currently DVR'ing all scrubs, arrested development, and flight of the conchords....we will be dvr'ing the same plus: 30 rock, office, earl (for steve, i get bored after ten minutes of it usually), lost, and i'm sure we'll fing more wastes of our time as the season unfolds!
Yay fall TV. Summer has been long. Although I have been loving the Hills and Newport Beach. But that's cause I'm dumb.
The new shows are always fun to watch. I love watching shows from the beginning of a series. It makes for a more dramatic run, lol. But I also can't wait for the oldies and goodies (Lost, Office, Earl, 30 Rock). How would I live without TV?
If ever there was a person DVR was made for AliFinale... it was you. Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life. You'll never go back.
PS - Lost, Heroes, The Office, 30 Rock, American Idol, 24 (only out of habit), My Name Is Chris (one of the most underrated shows on TV)
So I like some summer shows but it is so embarrassing...here is my list:
The Hills, Newport Harbor, (told you it was embarrassing), The Office (we want to have an Office party, I will be Angela of course and my husband will be Dwight, because sadly that is who we are),30 Rock (new fave), and that is about it...of course Lost but that is sooooooo far away...I kind of don't have time to involve myself in any more shows...I am going to start watching Grey's Anatomy at the request of a friend..Also I didn't know Arrested Development was doing reruns? What channel? (Even though we have all 3 seasons and I have committed every line to memory-you gotta support the Bluths)
Yes! I knew you wouldn't let me down and review the up and coming t.v. shows. I have seen the previews for Gossip Girl and can't figure out if it will be trash or guilty pleasure. I will have to check it out.
I already have the DVR set for The Office and Oprah. Still haven't figured out what else (Lost isn't on for awhile right?).
I mourn our GG parties but alas it was good that it ended before the gang disbanded. What they need is a show about Logan in San Francisco. He needs to get on another show asap.
I love that finally someone else watches as much TV as me! In addition to your list there is also 24, LOST and I love nearly everthing on Discovery Channel. That channel has gotten me through the summer tv blues, try Dirty Jobs- thos host makes me laugh and Myth Busters- I am not sure WHY I can't stop watching this show. Also, Numbers and Ghost Wisperer I came to love last season...
Oh, and I have a really good mentality about GG, if you never watch and/or erase the final episode, then it's not really over...Denial is working for me pretty good...Oh and we are pretty much big CW fans here, so Smallville and OTH are always on the DVR... is yours through Cox? Cause I love that you can record 2 shows at a time, so we have one up and one downstairs, and I pretty much never miss anything. Told ya I was an addict.
AliFinale, you crack me up with all the tv shows. I'm interested in checking out Gossip Girl, but what I am most excited for is The Office. I watched Seasons 1& 2 this summer and I am currently watching 3. I can't wait for season 4. I can't believe it took me this long to discover The Office.
Also, I am fairly certain Ben and I are the last people on earth without DVR. We also have the most basic cable package, but we're finally getting DVR and fancy cable next week! I CANNOT miss an episode of The Office.
I can't wait for Journeyman and Private Practice. I'm with you, Greys has been a little disappointing. Hopefully Private Practice will make up for it. I think Journeyman looks awesome though. I can't wait!
I love TV too, a little too much! I can't wait for the fall, although I am not that excited about any of the new shows this year. I guess only time will tell I will watch any of them. The main show I am DYING to watch the premiere of is Heroes! I have a HUGE crush on Milo Ventimigilia (sp?) I think it has to do with him being Jess on GG!
Never been a Grey's fan, but PP actually looks a little intriguing. We'll see though, because the other shows you listed look better to me, and I don't know how many more shows I can squeeze in!
I 100% agree with you that GG deserves a different finale. The one they made just seemed so inconclusive. We will DVR The Office, Lost (eventually), Smallville, 30 Rock, and there's a new show on Discovery Health (Monday's at 8) with Dr. Mehmet Oz called The Truth About Food. I'm sure it's just the nutritionist in me, but I'm way excited about that one!
On a final note, DVR is like an open bar for an alcoholic. I watch more tv now with it because I record all sorts of shows that I would otherwise just miss. It's so great but be careful!
I so agree with summertime TV being pointless. I guess they realize everyone goes on vacations and won't be tuning in. I am excited for new upcoming shows but am so thrilled for LOST to continue!!!
I will be recording everything because I am a total TV junkie, and I LOVE it.
I am waiting too for all the shows!! I can't stand it. But lets be honest, that Caveman show looks like a failure. I don't know if I can be friends with someone who watches that!
DVR is really the best thing ever! Can't believe you just are getting it for the first time! We got it way later than most of our friends too and can't believe we survived without it! No more trying to get the kids in bed in a fury just to sit down in time to start the shows. Now we record, do the bedtime routine and can relax after they are asleep! I am excited for a few this fall.......Friday Night Lights (yes I know cheesy!), Las Vegas (my husband's fav.), and the Office. It has been pretty boring over the summer with no shows to look forward to throughout the week!
I am so with you about Gilmore Girls. I still am mad about that crappy series finale. I am so excited tv to start too. Especially because I will have plenty of time to watch! Thanks for visiting today, it means a lot.
One more thing. What do you think about Life? The new series with the red haired cop that went to prison and then got out because he was framed? The main guy is Captain Winters from the HBO series Band of Brothers and he is very good looking! Anyway I think that one looks good too.
Yay for DVR. I have no idea how people live without it!! I am excited for all of my fav shows to come back on too. I will give private practice a try b/c I am kinda sick of grey's too. I feel kinda bad because I have been so productive this summer without going into a tv coma every night, but I I think I am ready for some tv induced coma's again :)
Shows I am going to DVR: Biggest Loser, Lost, Prison Break, Dancing with the Stars, The Hills, Grey's, and I keep Oprah on DVR always. Also Barefoot Contessa cuz I love to cook her recipes. If we lived by each other we would spend most our time in bed in front of our T.V's! Miss ya!
It makes me so happy to see that there are so many who are addicts like me. I LOVE DVR! Also, Blaine downloads everything, so we get to watch our shows all the time, and I mean ALL the time. Its hilarious. Love you
Can't wait to discuss our shows in the fab world of blogging!
Hooray for fall TV!! And DVR! I could never live without my DVR. I have been completely unproductive this entire weekend because we have been watching the entire season 1 of Heroes. I can't wait for the new season to start!
I heard the show "Pushing Daisies" is supposed to be the coolest new show this fall. I also heard from people on the radio who got advance copies of the season openers that Private Practice is kind of silly - Addison is very similar to Ally Mcbeal. I hope it turns out good because I liked her love interest in the small amount we saw last season.
Journeyman was awesome when it was called Quantum Leap. Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell are among the greatest actors of our time.
DVR is our best friend. We watch SO many shows - all the favorites like 24, Grey's, Lost, etc. But I have to admit I'm an America's Next Top Model junkie. LOVE that show. But the girl I like never wins.
Yay I am so happy fore you and the DVR! It is the best invention known to man I am sure. I can't wait for the shows to start. One more week baby!
Post a Comment