Sunday, April 26, 2009

Catch up

Remember Easter? Yeah, we moved that weekend. But I still tried to be a little festive even though Emery missed any chance to hunt for eggs. We did however, take a little time off packing and colored some eggs with friends.
Then Easter morning, the girls woke and found their Easter baskets.
The girls in their Easter dresses (after church... too bad even with 1pm church we still didn't have time for pics).
After a few days of unpacking, we left the mess and headed to St. George "vacation house" with the in-laws. Of course I forgot my camera but managed to get a few pics on the last day (after Dad got here and brought the camera) of the girls swimming.

This was Sage's first swim and it looks like I have a lot more breaking in to do. She kept crawling up on me, clawing me, and hanging on for dear life. It was pretty funny. I thought it might be that it was cold, but she did the same thing in the hot tub. How is it that both my girls are not water lovers? I love swimming so they will have to get over it.
I guess I am a little thankful that Emery isn't too daredevilish as she just sat on the steps very content. I kept asking her if she wanted to get in and swim and she would just say "Maybe in the summer, but it's not summer yet."
But out of the pool, Sage was in her element and had fun crawling around and trying to eat leaves.

It was so fun to play with family. Emery was in heaven with her cousins and quickly learned that Grandma Gangy is way nicer than me and will give her treats constantly. Sage and Haven were so cute playing by eachother, mostly Sage just tried to crawl up Haven's back while Haven tried to get away from her.

Ok, now we are mostly caught up. It's been a busy few weeks and still so much to do. I will get pics of the new house up someday - I thought I would wait until all is done but I am soon realizing that could take years.

8 comments:

Tara said...

oh the girls look so cute in their Easter dresses! And you are such a cute Mom to get Sage a basket too (I suck and figured Drew still didn't know the difference this year...)

Anyway I want to see the house! Let's play this week!

Beeta said...

There are so many things I love about this post! I love the look on Sage's face next to her Easter basket and her clinging on to you in the pool, Emery saying she will swim in the summer, their cute little Easter dresses, and that you guys had fun at the vacation house. I really wish I could have been there!

Lizzy said...

I can't believe how grown up Emery looks in these pictures. Is it just me?

I love the girls in their dresses and I love Sage afraid of the water. I remember Ben doing that his first trip in the pool. Too cute!

Dave and Loralee said...

awesome new house, cute little girls in easter dresses, and sexy mama in a swimsuit! congrats on the new house-I'm glad you finally got to move in!!

bulkleybunch said...

i should just copy and paste ber's comment. i loved all the same things! cute little girlies! love you!

Alicia said...

I do not envy your moving every month. But, I do envy your darling girls and your hott self. Wanna hang out?

Summertime Designs said...

ANH, I cannot believe how big your girls are getting! And I love their Easter dresses. I love how Sage is using you as her life support, and that Emery is content to "wait until summer". Good luck with getting settled in the new place. Can't wait to see pics of it!

Laurel said...

CUTE! And yes, it will likely take years for those "pictures of everything all done" to make their way here. (I've been saying that for about 2 years now - for pictures of finishing our basement.) But the girls are adorable in their bathing suits! The Easter pictures are killer. And congrats on finally moving!