Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Overdue TV Review

You might think by my lack of TV talk on this here blog that I have put a handle on my addiction. Unfortunately, that is not the case. In fact, maybe my addiction is worse because I still watch a lot of shows even though I am not feeling much love for TV in general. Sad, I know.

Anyway, here are a few thoughts on some of the shows I am watching.

SYTYCD - Don't get me wrong, I love this show....but....I don't know if I just didn't get enough time in between seasons or if it is the changes they have made or what but I am just not as excited about it this season. I don't like the new stage, I miss the stairs. I like Adam fine but I kind of miss the alternating 3rd judge (like Lil C and his big words :). I feel like we were jipped with the first few weeks of the top 20 where they didn't even have a results show. I am not sure which dancers are my favorite yet because I am just not in love. Sad to say it but it's true. Do the judges feel obligated to say "this is our best top 20" because I am not sure I agree. And Mollee bugs.

New Favs
  • Modern Family - Hilarious. Phil is awesome. He is like a less annoying Michael Scott, but just as clueless. Manny rules. I think one of my favorite moments on this show thus far was when the whole family was singing Dylan's song.
  • Cougar Town - Sure, I dropped Gossip Girl and 90210 but then I replaced those trashy shows for this one. I think I was just missing Monica. Plus, my boyfriend was on it for a little while. We will have to see if I still like it now that he is off.
  • Glee - I love high school drama. I love musicals. I love Sue. Obviously, I would love this show. I am often embarrassed about the storyline (I hate hate hate all that involves the wife. Really, she is pretending she is pregnant...ugh.) but love the singing and Jane Lynch is perfect as Sue.
  • Community - I love Joel McHale and how fabulous that I get to see him twice every week (The Soup, too for those not in the know). This may be my new favorite show. They had me at the first episode when Abed started quoting the Breakfast Club. Funny stuff. I love all the characters, even tiny nipples.
  • Project Runway - not really new except to me since it moved from Bravo. I love this show! Makes me wish I could really sew. I can't believe how creative these people are and how fast they come up with this stuff. I don't know who I want to win. Irina might be the best but she is such a nasty person that I hate to see her win. I really like Carol Hannah.
Old Favs
  • The Office and 30 Rock are still up there. Loved to see Jim and Pam get hitched (wish I watched the YouTube video before that episode, but o-well). Liz and Jack are still my heroes. Even Park & Rec is growing on me.
  • House - I think this might be my favorite House season yet. I love the disturbed but trying House. Hate that Cameron left. She is lame.
  • Heroes - this is where my addiction kicks in. I don't know why I am watching this show, it is bugging me.
  • Grey's and Private Practice - Yes, I still watch them. I can't let go of all my Dr. friends. Brian hates these shows with a passion and mocks every chance he gets so I usually watch while I am doing laundry. I hate Izzie for being dumb. Is she ditching the show for movies now or what? Stupid way to kick her off.
  • Monk and Psych - Sad Monk is almost done. Excited for Psych to come back in January. I don't know why but Sean cracks me up.
  • Desperate Housewives - I think this is just a fall back because nothing is on Sundays (except Amazing Race, I love, Brian hates). I just love to laugh at Gabby.
That's all I got for now. Happy TV watching!

14 comments:

Sammy Pow said...

Great "alter eyes" Ali! I feel so fat* when I click on your "boyfriend" link. I don't even know why we go to church anymore.**




*It actually only takes looking in the mirror, not clicking on your link.

** Any excuse to get out of church, I'm grasping at straws here.


*** Everything written in here is a joke. My wife and I have a much stronger relationship than you and your significant other, quit judging.


xoxo

BA

Emily said...

This week sealed a fav for me on SYTYCD-Jakob. He is so good and I want him to win.

I think a lot of it has to do with the lame dances they have been doing. I hardly know any of the songs, and that's half the fun for me. And I think you're right, not the best top 20, but they have to say that.

Melanie said...

Really! I was so bugged that Nathan and Mollee didn't get in the bottom 3 last week! I don't want them in the top 10, and despite the judge's praises this week of their dance, I personally thought it lacked spark and was out of sync at a few points. On the other hand, besides feeling like it was a bit unfair that the judges had free reign over the first two cuts, I really like this season and like more of the dancers than I did last summer.

Laurel said...

I am sad sad sad that you ditched Gossip Girl... :(

I have been itching to get into Community, and think now I just might get to it. I've been (gasp!) reading more than watching TV lately (Isabel's shows during the day don't count), and how ridiculous is is that I really MISS it?!!

Laurel said...

And "boyfriend" is hot hot HOTT!!! I think that's why I loved "What I Like About You" as much as I did...

Caryn said...

Oh I hate the stage too and Mollee bugs sooooo much.
I am so happy you're back to your blog tv review roots!!

Lizzy said...

I love community! John doesn't love it like I think he should. He doesn't think Joel can act. He is wrong, of course, like always.

I'm really only a comedy night done right girl. And the Biggest Loser and Modern Family when I catch them. I need DVR. Life sucks without it.

Christi said...

I had been waiting for your fall recap.
I love Modern Family; that and Glee are my absolute favorite. I laugh out loud every time. I like Community but am really starting to love it.
Your boyfriend is hot.

Chante said...

I totally agree with SYTYCD. Totally not the best season.....liked last season better and I wish they did the alternating judge thing too. And, my new passion is Project Runway too.....love it, love it, love it!
Of course Modern Family is my new fav comedy as well.....

bulkleybunch said...

funny girl and funny husband. the stage sucks, i want a third rotating judge, what's up with the "paula" thing?, i keep trying to like mollee because she's an oremite but it's a real struggle, nigel is annoying, adam is too flaming, but i do like jacob and think he is amazing. stupid izzie, stupid violet, love house, and maybe thinking i should try out cougar town? love the recap, love you!

Ilene said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sue.

That being said, I had to drop Glee along with some other shows and I am pissed. Why do they have to add so much trash to what would be an excellent show? It is lame.

I want a show with just Sue. I'm loving that she is in commercials for the Wii (or is playstation?). It helps with the separation pain.

Tara Lee said...

Ok so I don't watch half of your shows but I do watch a fair share of my own crap. TV is so addicting! And did you see Project Runway yet?

Love you and your TV problem! :)

P.S. BA's comment at the beginning of this is pretty funny. xoxo? and lady gaga. he is SO gay. ha ha

Alicia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia said...

I love your boyfriend too.

I adore Liz Lemon and Jack and secretly want them to be together and my friends in real life.

I am liking Grey's a lot this season so far but hate Izzy too... I gave up on P.P. last season. I can't stand all the drama for drama's sake and I can't stand the show's take on abortion and how the women on the show think "how dare a man have any kind of say about procreation."

I am obsessed with Community and have a serious crush on Joel. I even had a dream the other night where we were dating. I love that you talked about the Breakfast Club reference "Smoke up Johnny!". That killed me. I love it.

I love you and your love for T.V.
Can we live by each other?