I love Thanksgiving in AZ. The weather is beautiful (77 and sunny), my family gathers (2 families were greatly missed this year - but our numbers were still almost 40),
we eat way too much good food...outside, the kids play together,
the boys watch football and play on the computer,
and the girls chat and map out our Black Friday by looking at the ads.
Who could ask for anything more?
Another one of my favorite things to do in AZ at Thanksgiving is go see the Mesa Temple lights. Not as chilly as the SLC lights and just as spectacular.
Emery was invited to be in a picture with us to complete the family but she was too busy having a meltdown over the color of sucker she wanted. I gave Sage the yellow one with the idea that it would stain less. I was so wrong.
I love Thanksgiving for all it represents. Food, family, and most importantly gratitude. There is so much to be thankful for and I appreciate this time of year when everyone pays attention to that a little bit more.
6 comments:
Just a quick update, the lights in Mesa are pretty, but they don't even compare to the Salt Lake Temple. A fact you mesaites need to realize! (Sean)
Cute pics! You and your mom look so much a like in that picture...beautiful.
Glad you had a great time!
I'm glad Sean took responsibility for that comment. Alison, you know I would never speak such blasphemy.
Emery looks so big! It's so weird how one day you look at them and think how much of a full blown KID they are!
I've only been to AZ once, and it was in January, and I was in heaven that the weather was so great!
i'm thankful for you!!!!!!! love you guys so much. for some reason this post made me miss you guys more than usual. :( can't wait to see you all.
Brian, is that a Mac you're sitting in front of? I sure hope you had a good experience with that amazing machine and that you showed respect to the owner/purchaser of this device.
love,
your dad
Post a Comment