Sunday, May 09, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

I have to share my new favorite thing, Bountiful Baskets. It is a food co-op where you can get awesome produce, breads and more at super low prices. It is available in Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Washington, and Wyoming. And since I know people in a lot of those states I thought I better spread the word so you can be as excited as I am when I go pick up my produce on Saturday morning. It is seriously like Christmas morning, a wonderful surprise (since you don't know what you are going to get ahead of time) and so much good stuff!

All you have to do is go to their website (here), order the food according to the time allowed for your area (for example, it opens for me on Tuesday mornings at 9am), then pick it up on Saturday morning. They are changing (hopefully fixing) the website right now so I can't really guide you through it.

This is what I got yesterday. All this for just $15. And if you want organic produce it is only $25 for each "basket"
Then they sometimes have additional things like this week I bought the Italian pack for $6.50. I got fresh herbs, eggplant, zucchini, garlic and shallots. So, for $21.50, I got all this.
And the breads are fabulous - 5 loaves for $10. The whole grain is sweet and soft and oh so good just straight out of the bag. This week I got the ciabbata bread and can't wait to make some yummy stuff with it.

Seriously, it is all so fresh and yummy. I don't have a garden and this makes me feel like I have one, but with way more variety than I could ever plant. I am so excited to try to feed my family with more fresh produce and I get to try things that I don't normally buy (like the green cauliflower). So, if you live in one of the above mentioned states you should really check out Bountiful Baskets.

And you're welcome.

10 comments:

The Scotts said...

Oh I know it and love it!!! I love the mexican pack and their bread too!! MMMmmmmmm!!!!

Christi said...

Thanks for getting mine this week!!! I am so glad we found out about this!!!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

we do a local co-op here and love it. it's a little cheaper for organic, so i'll stick with it for now, but once we get to LV we may have to try this out. glad to know it's available. and i'm proud of your for trying this out- the green bug is biting! ;)

Sammy Pow said...

We're all proud of the magnificent green strides Ali has taken. We've even convinced her to quit dumping toxic waste. Next step - 1 TP square per poo!

Melanie said...

Food co-ops are so great - we recently joined one and I love it. I have to say though to all those out west, please appreciate how INEXPENSIVE food is there!!! New England (where we were for 8 years) was certainly pricier than Utah, but Virginia/DC is even pricier than New England! Our CSA box is about $36/week - and it's even more for the organic box. And it's less stuff than what you have pictured there. Oh, to have a low food budget again... I should probably plant my own garden!

Summertime Designs said...

I am a big fan of Bountiful Baskets myself. And I always get their bread as well. I was so happy when they added a new location that's 3 minutes from my house instead of 30 minutes!!!

bulkleybunch said...

i've never even heard of this kind of thing. i'm so with it! blah blah and the green bug hasn't bit me yet, maybe someday?! i'll stick to half a roll myself but good idea boy-ya!

Kris said...

Ali, I'm stressed about Oregon. Will I really like it there? Where should I live? Who should be my doctor? What kinds of activities can I do with Liam...Help!

The Farnsworth Family said...

I have been wanting to try this forever and I am totally convinced now! Looks so yum! BTW I totally just ordered Mess Monsters :) LOL Miss you!

Kendee said...

Thanks for making me jealous and letting me know that I can't have that. Whatever, Las Vegas is cooler than San Anton... I get it.