Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Backyard

After a year of rocks and weeds, we finally did our backyard! So, for my mom and anyone else that is interested I took some before and after shots.

Disclaimer: We live in the desert. Backyards are small here and grass and plants are scarce. We are just so excited to have some grass a few trees and yes, we plan on adding more plants as time comes.

BEFORE
An added bonus of hiring help for our yard (besides not having to do the backbreaking labor of digging trenches in this nightmarish rocky horrible dirt) was that we got to finally get rid of some of the WT remnants that the previous owners left behind. Like the wooden picnic bench that was up on the balcony. Man, why didn't I get a picture of that. It felt good to toss that thing off the second floor and watch it crumble to pieces.

AFTER
And here is a little video so you can see it better. Just don't pay attention to my talking/yelling at my kids.

17 comments:

Caryn said...

Sweet just in time for summer. It looks great!

Kara said...

It looks GREAT! I need to come see it- we got ours in too, so you need to come back to my house too.
I love how you chucked your thing over your balcony and watched it crumble to pieces!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

okay, seeing some green makes me start to think that maybe, just maybe, i can do vegas for a while;) it looks great!

bulkleybunch said...

wow!!! that looks so much different. i love it. yay for you guys!

Lyns said...

Love it! How fantastic to have done just as the summer gets going. :)

Emily said...

That video was riveting.

Such a transformation, it looks so super good!!

The Scotts said...

I love before and afters!! Your yard looks great!!

Lizzy said...

It looks so great! And so green. How fun to have another place to throw the kids.

Jill said...

it looks so nice! i hope one day we will have a yard :)

Anonymous said...

Ten!

I can't endure the sadness that will consume you if you fail to reach double digit comments again.

xoxo

BA

Christi said...

I love your backyard, and I had to come back and watch the video after the day at the park. I think you should be a video commentator :)

Jenn N. said...

Isn't it amazing what grass can do for a yard? And for a mom's sanity so the kids can go outside and play?

Matt and Shannon said...

That is a nice sized yard for Vegas and it looks great!You're right though, people who don't live here can't appreciate desert landscaping.

Tara said...

It looks so good Ali! I want to see it in person!

Beeta said...

I think you're going to really miss that fancy picnic table. LOL! I feel privileged that I got to see it before you chucked it over the balcony. Your backyard looks awesome. I'm soo happy (and a little jealous) of your beautiful yard and house!

Kendee said...

Looks awesome. That grass is fluorescent green. I love it.

Kris said...

Looks great! I'm so impressed with it and with the fact that you're still blogging! Way to go!!