Before we left, Santa made a quick stop by our house in LV. The night before we left we had our ward Christmas party and Santa was kind enough to drop off a few presents on his way to the party. So, we got home and although we were all exhausted, we got to open a few fun presents before our trip.
On Christmas Eve we got to party first with the Anderson's. As you can see, it was way too much fun.

We then headed to my side of the family gathering. We are getting so great in numbers (44 attended and that was without my mom and Steve and 2 siblings and their families) that we went to the church this year. But we still enjoyed all the tradition - fabulous apps and desserts, nativity scene, singing, talent show, white elephant exchange and of course the PJ parade and dance at the end.
1.jpg)
Lucky we have Emery to represent our family for the talent portion of the night. Here she is singing Suzy Snowflake.
Sage thought that looked so fun so she grabbed the mic and sang Twinkle Twinkle. It was so spontaneous we only got the last bit on video. I am sad because her looking shy and singing words that only her parents could understand was about the cutest thing I ever saw. I am pretty sure one of the other 40 people got video of it, but have yet to share it with me.
And finally here we are in the PJ's, dancing. This is mostly for the family that missed this to make them realize that they never want to miss this fun again!
Ok, finally we got around to Christmas morning. Lots of presents, lots of craziness, lots of bed head, lots of fun. We had to wake up Emery so that we could go open our stockings and she was not a happy camper (see top right pic, refusing to look at the camera). Nothing some new toys and a Sprite can't fix.
2.jpg)
We also got in a quick visit with my dad, Cheryl and Jenni. My favorite was my Dad tryin to get Sage to pose for a picture.
3.jpg)
So, even though we got to Utah just in time for the snow to melt and left the day it returned (Emery was really sad she couldn't go sledding), we had a fabulous trip. Brian got to go skiing a couple times, saw some friends, played with family and most of all enjoyed celebrating Christ's birth with family. Hope yours was just as merry.
5 comments:
So for some reason I could not view any of the videos you posted. It said they were private and that I needed a special friend request or something. Anyways, all the pics were cute and we were sad we missed out. Now, we just have to convince Briant to eventually someday want to drive to Utah for Christmas, because I think he thinks it is pretty darn great not to travel in snow, so convince him next time to make the trek!!!
You have the BEST photos (LOVE the nativity dog pile) and videos! Christmas looks EXTRA fun in your family!
Liked the recap, but I couldn't get the video's to play :( I love watching them sing. Glad you guys had a good Christmas!
You have the best little singers! Sage's little voice is soooooo cute!!
I just love so much that you have to go to the church because you're so large in numbers. I really want to pretend I'm part of your family some day and join in the fun.
Love the pics!
Maybe we can be friends again someday.
whoever's holding out needs to get on it! i want more of that sage video!...awesome.
Post a Comment