Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Love Sac

WOOHOO! I have a husband back. A week ago, I never thought I would say this, but the summer went by so fast and now that he is here it barely feels like he is gone. Not that I don't remember all the lonely nights, but I was surprised at how fast we would be back in the swing of things. And surprised at how fast he would drive me crazy again (we do own a trash can, honey).

Well, along with my hubbie came a couple new additions to our home. One being the lovely yellow car that I am sure you have all heard about. And another "fun" surprise is our very own Love Sac.
(Sorry, the girls weren't included)

I have never really wanted a Love Sac, unless of course, I had a big house and could could hide it in a huge basement basement. I don't think they are very attractive and we simply don't have room. It is in our front room as an eyesore and making me feel messy. They are slouchy and frumpy and I feel like I can't get that room clean. But then you sit in it. (Sigh....) It wraps its frumpy arms (well actually it has no arms, its a sac) around you and contours to your exact size. It gives support where I need it on my lower back and makes me never want to get up. Where was this sac when I was pregnant and wanted so desparately to lay on my stomach. I think I would have slept everynight on the thing. It is so comfortable and we even have an ottoman sac to make it even more comfortable. It is also so cute to put our little munchkin in. It may provide for some good pictures, I'll let you know. Now I understand why it is named the "Love" Sac.

I still think it is ugly and often want to throw it out the window (I know, it has only been 2 days but I can be a freak like that). But I may be able to last a little longer as long as I can watch my shows in it.

13 comments:

Tara said...

I hope that's not a picture of your husband at the bottom there! Well sheesh girl you better invite me over for a sit sometime on the new sac.

Kris said...

K-$'s cousin in Alaska had only a Love Sac for furniture. And their dog peed on it. But we had to sit on it because there was no where else to sit.
Nothing worse than a dog-pee Love Sac.

Sammy Pow said...

Tara, I keep my covenants (most of them) so it is not me in the picture.

Sammy Pow said...

Furthermore, the young man in the picture has normally placed upper leg hair. Mine, on the other hand, is rather displaced. For example, my inner and upper thigh is as bald as Emery's head while the outside of the backs of my thighs have more leg hair. It is really a thing of art, in fact upon seeing my upper leg hair for the first time Ali repeated the words of what would later become our song, "God must have spent a little more time on you."

Marc said...

Too bad BA... I was going to say "nice ass"

As for the Love Sac... don't tell Tice about your recent acquisition. He seems to hate them.

Lizzy said...

The love sac is pretty cool but it's too bad you couldn't get the red velvet one.

Tara said...

Way too much information BA- The last thing I want to know about is your pasty white thighs!

Lizzy said...

My husband wrote a song called Pasty White Thighs in high school before the band broke up. He sometimes sings it to me but maybe he should be singing it to BA.

Sammy Pow said...

They're milky white, get it right.

Tara said...

The Love Sac is a little old place where we can get together, ohhh, Love Sac Baby!

Alifinale said...

BA loves his milky thighs and displaced hair (and I cannot tell lies, I love them too). It is his favorite party trick to hike up his pants and show them off. I am surprised you haven't experienced this yet. But, alas, the picture is of no one I know, I just though it appropriately displayed how I would like to lay on it. Lizzy, it is too bad we couldn't get the red velvet.

MS - I hope this means you are back, how I have missed you so. No dog pee on our Love Sac, and no dog ever to be on the Love Sac as long as it lives in my house. Dog pee furniture is just gross.

Jill said...

I would have to say the first couple minutes lying in a love sac is just heavenly, until those love sac "arms" start forming around you and making their way into every crevice on your body and you start to feel like you are suffocating, which is followed by a rise in body temperature and then the panic attack comes.

If you cant tell, I sometimes get clausterphobic and am not a big fan of the love sac.

Alifinale said...

That sounds like a good horror movie. About as good as Snakes on a Plane.